Question about a mouse

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Genetics1988, Feb 25, 2013.

1. This might be stupid but could one not keep a pet mouse in a small grow closet to increase the CO2?

2. i wouldnt recomend that lol.. animals with alot of hair might bring in bugs and or other desises, like spider mites and such. And those little bastards are pure pain.

I have a rabbit, and one time he snuk into the garden and brought with him some mites, that was not cool.

3. I wonder if measures were taken against that if it would be worth the risk. In Jorge Cervantes movie he says the plants can use 3 times whats naturally in the air.

4. maybe if the mouse is clean and kept in a clean cage, but i doubt a mouse will make any difference unless its a small place :)) i would like to know if makes any differnce tho

5. Come on. You really think a mouse is gonna produce enough co2 to actually make a difference. First go research co2 and what it takes to run it properly and at a proper ppm level. Then come back and tell me just how ridiculous you think this is.

6. your not serious are you?
    you breath out more co2 in one breath than a mouse would in entire day

in my experience, either buy bottled co2 and set it up properly, or don't bother at all, because to make a difference you have to get everything else spot on and raise the co2 levels a lot. messing around with soda and vinegar, or fermenting wine just doesn't produce enough to do anything

7. I have a rabbit, and one time he snuk into the garden and brought with him some mites, that was not cool.

It is important to realize that mites that feed on plants, (spider mites, for example), cannot successfully feed and reproduce on human beings or other animals. - CITE: Center for Disease Control

Your rabbit did not bring Spider Mites into your grow space.

j

8. Well..... He *would* be a VERY HAPPY Mouse... Anyway..... just sayin

9. Much better way to produce CO2- learn to brew beer! :D

My son brews his own. It isn't hard. (Doesn't bring in mites, either.) It produces a nice product, and lots of CO2!

My boys were drinking home-brewed "Gingerbread beer" for the holidays- can't find that in a store! My son has been thinking of using George Washington's beer recipe (but a smaller batch! lol) one of these days! Brewing is an easy, legal and fun hobby! :)

Granny :wave:

10. subbed,very interesting

11. beer brewing produces the same amount as wine, and its way too small to make a difference. put in an air lock and you can see it bubble through (i make my own wine) and you can see how low the output is. when using co2 in proper amounts you would need to have a completely sealed grow box, exhaust fans off so your set up would have to be able to cope with the heat build up

in my opinion your far better off adding more fans, circulatory fans, intake fans and exhaust fans

12. Shouldn't brewing beer be kept in a dark area? Its the yeast producing the co2.

13. Been considering legitimate cheap C02 alternates than regulated release.

Baking soda and vinegar is it?? Creates co2.. has anyone else ever done this? A very poor grow book my friend picked up at barnes and nobles says to do this.

Also-- how bout just like puncturing those small air rifle co2 cartridges in the grow room lol?

I can't see why either of those wouldn't work. Anyone else? Forget the mouse.

14. Paintball gun set ups are the best for anyone unsure about having a huge canister in ther house :)

15. your better off buying a welding/pub bottle and a regulator. that's the easy bit. you have to then seal up the area and turn your fans off otherwise it will be gone straight away
    you could use a fire extinguisher too, but would still need a regulator

if you were inclined to use a fermenting method you would use sealed water containers, or barrels. bigger the better and many of them. drill a hole in each cap and push a rubber tube in there, it need to be a tight fit. then place the ends of all the hoses above your plants (co2 is heavy)

putting air locks in the caps before attaching the tubes will allow you to see the co2 bubbling through.

you would need shit loads to make a difference, plus they will bubble away 24 hours a day, so most of it will be wasted by the exhaust