Questio about door hinges

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Buds245, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hello, I am putting together a grow box , and I have never installed door hinges and this could be a dumb question as I am stoned lol, but for the door of the box, does it need to be a little longer to properly close? Like say the box is 2 foot in width, does the door piece need to be a little longer?

2. I'm not 100% that I understand what your asking but if I am correct in what I think your asking then the door should be exactly the same as the outside width and height of the box.

3. Exactly the way you put it haha

4. Thanks man been a big help getting me on my feet for my first grow!

5. Actually one last question I swear! Any idea how id go about cutting holes in the wood for 2 80mm fans..

6. glad I can help, ask as many questions as you want mate :)

I use an adjustable hole saw on a drill

7. I'm guessing you can adjust the measurements on them? Like exact 80x80mm, or 3.149 inches

8. you can get a set of specific sizes, or you can get an adjustable one. it has a drill bit in the centre and a bar crossing it. on each end of the bar there is a blade. you position the blades on the bar and you can cut any size you want. the one I had was just a couple of £ from a local market. it works really well