Quest for a pound

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Antdro707, Apr 2, 2021.

1. About 2 years in with 4 or 5 seed to harvest grows under my belt, but I’ve yet to hit 1lb. So this time it’s it I’m determined for 1p. Y’all think I’ll make it this go round? any advice or changes I can make to hit 1p?
    fox farm soil with perlite and spagmoss mixed in
    I’ve Used no nutes yet

I’ve got 3 sf-1000’s, 1 100 watt vipap-spectra blurple and 2 100 watt bloom spect blurples running,
    So far vegged about 5 weeks from seed

2 green punch in 5 gallon fabric bags

1 green punch 10 gallon fabric bags

1 chem dawg 10 gallon bags

feminized seeds from greybeard

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Let’s do this.:watching::popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I’m in it to win it my G

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Looks like your well on your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yes. Stop using FFOF.

I had been growing for 2 years with FFOF and CocoLoco, and very frustrated that I wasn’t seeing better yields. I changed nutrients 4 different times....but only to continue to get the same results.

Then someone suggested that I change my medium to soilless. So I switched to Sunshine #4 and had the best crop I had ever grown.

Then I switched to ProMix HP (very similar to Sunshine #4) and continued to have better results.

Then I switched to Royal Gold Tupur, which is basically coco coir but has the feeling of a soil based grow. You can never overwater in this medium .... The medium was designed to sustain several feedings a day to maximize plant growth and deliver yields similar to DWC.

So I’ve been growing in Tupur ever since. That’s what I grow in at home and that’s what we use at my commercial grow.

You won’t get huge yields in soil. But you can in soilless medium(s).

I’ve lost count of how many times I have brought down 20-22oz harvests between two plants with a 50-60 day veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Swap out all those crazy lights for a single 1000w hps and get at least 2 pounds.
    P3020285.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. There's a million ways to skin a cat, but only one way I like to eat it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. :passing-joint:

9. The advice is much appreciated, I’ve read about coco and would be open to give that a shot, but I work 45+ hours a week doing the corporate thing. To run coco I would need to feed/water a few times a day right? Only way I can think of is a automated water system, have you ran anything like that? Or if their is another way I’m all ears man

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hello neighbor in 707 as well. Why are you buying that shit from samoa where the fox farm company is. There are farms all down samoa boulevard with amazing dairy compost. I get mushroom compost as well. Anyways where I work only sells in yard scale units at the moment go down to arcata and check out always forget the name but just google organic amendments near me. The girls are kind of cute and hella cool. Also they sell *hides from cdfa* sell fulvic acid. Which fulvic acid for the record is omri approved beneficial organic humate mineral source for your soil as wetting agent and cellular distribution of nutrients.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not really. You CAN irrigate multiple times a day, but like I said, Tupur feels like growing in soil. When I get busy, I will water/feed once every two days and allow about a 60% dryback before another watering/feeding.

But most of the time, I am watering once a day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Flood and drain or straight up RDWC..... that’s my game there (RDWC)..... I work round the clock, and have Sunday afternoons off. So it’s pretty hands off, but can be a handful when not balanced.

• Like Like x 1
  13. This is actually a good suggestion to reach that elusive pound....especially today where we have automated pH control devices, and cloud-based monitoring platforms that allow you to monitor and control your grow space from anywhere in the world.

I’m not saying it is inexpensive, because it isn’t....not yet. But very possible to have an almost hands-off, automated grow in RDWC that yields well over a pound.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bro you ain’t kidding, but if you know your nutes and water, no meter needed except for that flower drop week.

But hell by 900ppm it ph’es right at 5.6 from the tap and comes up to temp @68 and ph rise to 58-6.0. Don’t even touch it with up or down, change once a week.

15. Easy peezy and you didn't even need the 10g pots to do it. 4 five gallon pots would have worked fine

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I’ll look em up, I actually haven’t lived up north in a few years just kept the name lol

17. No shit, I always just assumed I couldn’t do coco because of that , I’m going to check it out for sure now

18. Is this the one you use?

Attached Files:

19. Bad advice. The bigger the pots the better.