Quentin Tarantino

Discussion in 'General' started by Phish_Head, Feb 8, 2006.

1. How many of you like QT's films? Hes probably my favorite film maker, Ive seen all his movies except for "jackie brown" and "reservoir dogs" is my favorite. How about you?

2. reservoir dogs is a must see, don't know much of his other work, he seems like a fucked up dude though, with some of his movies

3. for sure man hes mad sick and jackie brown is a pretty sweet movie

4. Omg, +rep dude. Terintino is a god. My fav would have to be Pulp Fiction though. I fucking love that movie. And Jackie Brown is a really good movie, too..I totally reccomend it as a buy, if not a rent.

5. whats better than deniro takin bong rips with a hot chick

6. whoa whoa....deniro takes bong rips with a hot chick in jackie brown?

7. Yup I'm a Quentin Tarantino supporter. I haven't seen all of his movies but def the majority. I think I actually like Kill Bill V1 & 2 more than any others. Reservoir Dogs is a classic, but I like it as much as From Dusk Till Dawn (but in a different way). It was probably QT's influence that made Sin City bareable.

8. Sin City was an amazing movie..and an even amazinger (lol...made up words..) comic. And anyway, I think QT only directed the part where Jackie boy was in the car with that dead cop and he was talking to him... "Something's gotcha...smmoking?" ;)

9. Ok, Kill Bill(s) definately takes the cake... with Pulp in a close second! I'd really like to see a Pulp sequal... I can't wait for KBv3

10. Has anyone seen hostel? I heard there was alot of weed smokin in that.

11. love his movies, not so much the ones that he just wrote, or didnt have too much to do with the movie, im high right now and cant think of the names of the movies.

12. yea man

13. I'm a huge fan of Tarintino and not so much a fan of some of the movies he's been associated with lately. Reservior Dogs and Pulp Fiction are still two of my favorite movies.

14. I've been a huge tarantino fan, but Hostel was a huge disappointment. Yeah there was a bunch of weed in it, but the movie was just a glorified excuse to show titties and gore. Didn;t hold my attention (well, not after the boobs were off the screen :p).

15. I was not that big of fan of the Kill Bill movies, they were not nearly as well done as some of his other movies. For me Reservoir dogs is at the top of the list. You can't beat Steve Buscemi and the rest of the clan on a bloody heist. Pulp Fiction also tickles my fancy as one of his great movies. Dusk til Dawn is also another good Tarantino flick.

16. there isnt going a to be a volume 3, unfortuantely, his next project is a WWII movie called "Inglorius Bastards. And i think hes making amovie filmed entirely in mandarin and dubbed in english

17. Pulp fiction has been my favorite movie since I first saw it. Quentin Tarantino is the reason why I want to become a director (yea, yea, kinda cliche) Anyway, I'm surprised nobody mentioned True Romance yet, QT wrote it and it was directed by Tony Scott. It's one of my favorites too.

BTW, I thought drom dusk till dawn was a great movie, right up until the point that Selma Hyack turns into a vampire and then all hell breaks loose. That movie could have been one of my favorites if they just didn't make it into a vampire bloodfest. It really pisses me off that they ruined it like that, but oh well, what can you do. Maybe one day when I am a famous writer director I will rewrite the ending and reshoot it wiht a much older Clooney and QT.

18. My only problem with From Dusk Til Dawn was that they made the vampires reptilian looking.. I know it was just their spin on it, but when has a vampire ever looked like a reptile? Wouldn't that be some ther mythological creature? I dunno.. it's a great movie anyways, and I love Harvey Kietell (or however you spell his name) I really liked Four Rooms too... though I have to say I thought Jackey Brown sucked.. yeah I know there are some factors that are cool, but on a whole I was sorely dissapointed in it.. I just expected more I guess, but Pulp Fiction is a classic, and the First Kill Bill was good, but I didn't care for the second one... But all and all he's great!!

~ Terpsichore

19. I think most of his movies are awesome. I would say that pulp fiction is my favorite, but its not the type of movie you can watch all the time. its like once a year youre like "shit, i gotta watch pulp fiction" not like 40 Year Old Virgin that you can watch 90 times in 3 days. Also, im not sure what influence he actually had on Hostel.

20. I love vampire shit, even weird or poorly written vampire shit. I didn't know anything about From Dusk Till Dawn before I watched it. So there was no preconceived bias about the picture. I thought it was weird that it took the vamp turn, but it was a weird in an extremely agreeable way. :smoking: