Queens Traffic Stop Leads To Massive Marijuana Haul

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by denieddd, Dec 19, 2010.

1. NEW YORK (AP/1010 WINS) - New York City police officers who went after a red light-running driver found more than 500 pounds of marijuana in the man's car.
    The man - identified as 30-year-old Clement Hunter - went through the red light around 4 a.m. Sunday at Farmer and Merrick Blvds. in Queens. Officers attempted to pull him over but he kept going, stopping in a dead-end street.
    Police took him into custody and found the drugs in the car. The man was charged with criminal possession of marijuana in addition to reckless endangerment, fleeing an officer and other charges.

New York Police Department Makes Traffic Stop That Leads To Massive 500 Pound Marijuana Bust CBS New York – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

:(:(:(. hopefully it wont be dry on the island :devious:

2. that sucks, whenever you hear about a bust like this alot of times its seems they get pulled over for having like a broken taillight,.. etc you'd think the smugglers would be taking every precaution to make sure they draw as little attention to themselves as possible. If I were the driver I'd be thinking "well I have 500 lbs in my truck, if I run a red light and the cops see me I'll get pulled over and they'll probably find my weed so I better drive normal"

3. True, and most probably are very cautious, but on the other hand, this ONE bust is only part of the smallest percentage of these big dealers that actually get caught like this. What i'm trying to say is that something like this is bound to happen in an industry with as many participants as marijuana. This is just the sad sad story of the one in a large number that just probably made a stupid mistake. Too bad for him, though.

4. What kind of a fuckin dummy runs a red light with 500lbs in his car???

5. With that much weed I imagine theres gonna be a few unhappy people out of "work" and many more who'll feel the ripple effect of it... and I bet there's a very very unhappy "director of operations"...

6. he should be charged with stupidity

7. Exactly, same with speeding. They should be thinking about their on personal welfare. The last thing i would do would be to run a red if i had that amount in my car.