Queens of the Stone Age

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Eyes, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Props to them

Listening to Era Vulgaris at the moment

2. I just had their song " Go with the flow" stuck in my head the other day actually :p

I used to listen to them years ago, but it's been a long while since I've taken the time to listen to more than one song on my ipod lol

3. Never was a fan of them, do have a few good songs tho, Ill have to check it out.

4. If you like QOTSA, check out Kyuss many of the same members, especially if you look at the early QOTSA line-up.

Stoner rock at it's finest. :hello:

5. QOTSA are pretty cool....I saw them live a few months back and enjoyed it.

6. Agreed. I was never really a fan of QOTSA, personally. Earlier Kyuss albums seemed to be alot heavier in general as opposed to their later stuff and QOTSA albums. That's probably why I'm a huge Kyuss fan rather than a QOTSA fan, as silly as it sounds...

7. I've seen them several times, they bring the rock. And the chicks. Great shows. They're playing 2x in December, I'll post some pics.

8. I read this about QOTSA the other day and it made me laugh, thought i'd share it with you guys.

Queens Of The Stone Age thrown out of rehab

Intimate show at drying out facility goes horribly wrong

14.Nov.07 3:43pm
    Queens Of The Stone Age were forcibly removed from a California rehab facility last week.

Josh Homme's desert rockers' plan to perform a six-song show for in-patients at an unnamed Los Angeles drying out clinic came to an abrupt and chaotic end when the band were cut off before the end of the first song and manhandled out of the building by heavy security, NME.COM has learned.

The rehab show was intended as a light-hearted, intimate performance in their home city of Los Angeles .

But a spokesman for the band informed NME.COM that when the band opened the show with classic 'Feel Good Hit Of The Summer', staff at the clinic were so unimpressed that they pulled the plugs and had security remove them straight away without negotiation.

The song's lyrics famously run: "Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol... c-c-c-c-c-cocaine".

Ironically, the song is used by the Colorado Police Department as the soundtrack to their instructional videos demonstrating the consequences of drink driving.