Quave Banger nail

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Jon3oh9, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Are they Quave Banger nails worth the $160? I've found some knock offs for like $15 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. be careful with the knockoffs, damn near all of them are super thin and taste like asshole!

My friend had a cheap one that was really thin, didnt hold heat very long at all so you were forced to take a hot ass dab and tasted really bad. He bought another one from a place he buys his glass supplies from I think and its supposedly american made, its much thicker than the other one and has no funky taste.

I'll try and find out where he got it, just be careful where you buy it from. cheap isn't always a good thing.

and no, I dont think the actual Quaves are worth it, you're just paying for a name. He doesnt even make them himself so its kinda gimmick-ey to me. you can find thick, american made bangers for cheaper

3. Thanks. I want a banger nail just don't know where to get one

4. The one I got was gifted to me. I wouldn't drop that much on a nail especially if it doesn't have a cheap replaceable heads

I think that the quave banger works well compared to other bangers but like jimmy said you can probably find a cheap American made banger.

Look for something with a short distance from the bucket to the downstem.

5. Quave bangers are my favorite quartz nail. I don't mind spending the money on a guarantee that my nail will be of the highest quality its only $160. But I know there are a few other companies out there that make quality american bangers as well. But I view it sorta like I wouldn't own an egg unless it was a quave egg just because he invented them and I would feel like it was a knockoff any other way.

6. By no.means am I hating to each is own but you aren't paying 160 for some crazy tech that no other glassblower knows about.. its like jimmy said you are paying for the name.. unlike a fab egg it would be pretty hard to make a banger look identical to a quave and it not function the same (obviously thickness will play part in to heat retention) and it may be high grade quartz but it's not like a rig where you can turn around and sell it for what you paid.. if someone offered to sell me a used banger at price I would smack them..but that's me

7. Boro book has thiiiiiiiick ass ones at quartzbanger.net

8. Boro book is also known china bangers sold as "american" he was called out by a lot of people. Quality quartz isnt going to be cheap.

9. damnnnn didnt know all that bout him, just seen a post on IG. Good thing i didnt order one lol