Quarter-Pound/Advice

Discussion in 'General' started by cbhead23, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Yo yo Grasscity, here is the dealio...

Yesterday me and some buddies threw down on a qp of some pretty good mid and it was fucking awesome.

So here I am, sitting here in a new house I rented out with some friends, a 6 foot acrylic we just purchased, a qp of decent bud, 1 ounce of mushrooms, with a buddy throwing a double keg party friday, and our house throwing a double keg party saturday.

Somehow I lucked out in this college town and picked up a dank (up until now) job at roly-poly. I pretty much get stoned and drive around and deliver people's sandwiches. I make enough money to pay rent and utilities with the pay and tips I make at a 5 day a week job.

This is where I was hoping I could get some advice.
    My job at roly-poly is legit besides the fact that the owner is a pretty big bitch.
    Recently, I have been working 3 1/2 hour days. Yeah. What the fuck....

My boss tells me that I am going to be getting the rest of my hours from going door to door and putting roly-poly menus on door handles. She reimburses me each day I go with 3 dollars fo gas. Each day, I spend roughly an hour delivering menus, which eats up way more than 3 dollars in gas.

What I am trying to say is that I signed up for a job at roly-poly to work at the store and deliver food. I did not want to be a fucking paper-boy for this bitch. She tells me that she is making me do this instead of buying commercials air time.

The boss said the only time I am able to pass out menus is at 7 or 8 in the morning. I am losing money on gas and continuously losing sleep. I am not able to stay up and do anything at night because I have to fucking go door to door in the morning.

So, good people of GC, any suggestions as to how I can keep this bomb ass job but stop doing bitch work for my manager every morning? The store doesn't open till 9, and she is just as capable (if not more) as passing out menus as I am.

I'm fed up with being a paper boy in a car, waking up early, and going door to door. Any advice? Should I just stop being a bitch and forfeit my summer late nights and do the work like a man? Should I tell my manager I'm fed up with doing this bitch work and quit? (if I don't quit, I will probably be working here for the rest of my college career, as tips are good, and pay is decent and will only get better with time) I would really like to keep this job and just do what her and I said I would do when I turned in my application. (work at the store/deliver)

That is all. Thanks GC, I'm sure it was a long read/rant.:D

2. i owuld find a better job man, it aint worth working for a bitch, lol

3. What does that have to do with the Qp?

4. Welcome to the working world. I haven't been able to "do anything at night" since I got out of college the first time around.

Just deal with the job, or find a new one. That's all you can do. Bitching about it just makes your attitude toward the job even worse, so just keep ya head up

5. You should ask her respectfully if you could go back to delivering and say that the money she gives for gas doesn't even cover half of what you spend getting around. If that doesn't work, try to find another job but don't quit until you find one.

6. This^

7. My first job after college was in a call center, and the hours were until 11 PM.

I quit yesterday :)

-C

8. Good advice, thanks sir.

Nothing. But, it would be boring if the title of my thread was just advice.
    I would post pictures but I don't own a camera. It was a legit qp and I was satisfied after the purchase. Woo!:D

Besides from the morning paperboy bullshit, I find this to be a badass job. I get super legit free food. (If you haven't tried roly poly, you should. It's fucking awesome.) I get pretty good tips, drive around and get high, and just found out that my coworker who has been to jail and rehab and jail again has had a masonjar full of acid before and dealt meth for a little while. Fuck meth but yay job connects! I'm just gonna do the shitty work for a while I guess....

She has no way of finding out whether or not I even passed out menus. I didn't wake up early enough yesterday so I told her I would make up for it today. I didn't. I'm probably going to tell her I did. If she finds out I lied, then fuck me, I'll prbably get fired. If not, then fuck it, I will do her bitch work until this shitty part of the job has ended. I fucking hope she doesn't find out.:devious:

9. Don't bitch and do what she says. Asking her for a change is only going to make it look like you can't handle the job.