Quantum Physics

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by ChronicClif, May 11, 2011.

1. I think it makes perfect sense that it all has a source.. science seems to think everything has a reason, which is true, but where does it all begin?

2. My faith says everything is proof. Consider me buddhist I guess.

3. Last time I checked, science "thinks" the entire universe was just a lucky accident.

The Big Bang.

4. #84 KirbyPuckett, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    Agreed. But then science will attempt to prove the reason for the big bang, and then that has a reason. To me, it makes more sense to accept a force (like energy) caused it all, then to think some singularity (which is "god" in my eyes since it created us. But where did all the laws of the universe come from with this singularity?) just appeared. It all comes down to choice. No one is right or wrong in my eyes.

5. I'm a Buddhist and have been for a long time - everything is not proof to me.

MelT

6. #86 KirbyPuckett, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    To be specific, me either. I only accept what is proven to myself. With that said, manmade concepts (opinions) are just that: manmade. natural. nature=proof.

7. Then I would disagree.

MelT

8. #88 KirbyPuckett, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    That is your choice. Free will is beautiful. Also, very natural.

May I ask, are you implying man made nature? We only observe, we do not control. We attempt to control using science, but we did not create these laws. Man is not supernatural, nor will we ever be IMO.

9. wow yet another thread that turned into a absolutely ridiculous argument. How many times do you all need to have the same conversation before you realize it's a useless argument. The two aren't linked and neither side knows enough to disprove the other so just stop already, or at least take it to another section and stop flooding this one with it.

10. There are a lot of epic questions asked that help me and I am sure others grow little by little, I wold not be so quick to dismiss debates.

11. That is your choice, and also your opinion. However, my opinion is that of science in most things, and science has facts, not superstition as you are offering. If you're going to argue against science you have to understand it. So far you've been unable to argue your point, you can only answer wtih a glib 'free will is beautiful', and it means nothing.

You were saying that your beliefs are Buddhist, but so far you've not said anything that would equate to Buddhist belief? Why do you think your faith in a god has any place in Buddhism?

MelT