Quantum lights vs COB lighting??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Arcadian, Nov 5, 2017.

1. thanks Tbone, I am an idiot.!!

my 135w's are single boards, one LED board, one heat sink, and one driver per light fixture,
    let me get the serial numbers......

2. HLG-120H-54A

3. You can't use the qb304's on a 54a driver. You need to stick with qb288's unless you want to use a different driver.

4. damn it man.....

will stick with the 4000k and 3000k for now, but one day will try the 3500k and 2700k combo.!

Tbone, thank you for the help, these lights will help many members thanks to you.!

• Like Like x 2
  5. You can still work within what is available in both the v2 and the v1 selection of qb288's with that driver. They both run off of about 54 volts max. The 304 runs at double. 110v. It can only be satisfied by a few drivers. That's one reason you see limited usage of it. It's not even offered in the single board fixtures or the 4 board fixtures. Only two board because that's where you can find the driver sweet spot for it.

If you email HLG you may be able to secure an order of a couple of boards in the spectrum you desire. Just make sure they are either v2's or v1's and they will fit the voltage range of that driver.

• Like Like x 1
  6. How do you know all this stuff tbone? You must be like a master electrician. I don't understand a bit it really

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. luckily I have a vague understanding of volts and amps.! LOL

still went with the all in one kits, might dabble in the DIY chit later on.!

8. big thumbs up man, thought of that earlier also, when I finally found their boards.! LOL

no doubt my perpetual harvest will do good under the 4k and 3k boards, but.....
    like to know what the 'perfect' combo is for me.!

stumbled across moving plants in flower from MH to HPS through out their ~10 week cycle,
    started with 2x 400w MH then purchased a HPS, under just MH they got fat and funky looking,
    just under HPS they finished long and skinny, but when they started under MH side and migrated to the HPS side...
    they formed picture perfect colas that was the best i ever grew indoors.!
    like to re-produce that someday.!!!
    my cousin-in-law said "i haven't ever seen buds like that, except in high times magazine" LOL
    about that time.... my uncle-in-law came back there and said "told y'all not to be smoking that in here"
    the stuff stunk up the house just opening the jars.! a descent x-mas gift for the ones that smoked.!

the QB spectrum challenge is on.!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. I am pretty much a qualified electrician. I've worked in the field as such. I'm also an EPA certified HVAC tech. I've taken classes on solid state electronics and board building. I'm also a qualified welder, a decent mechanic, a computer builder and a carpenter. I don't have the jack of all trades tag for no reason.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I build RC cars. I understand ohms law. That's all it really takes to understand electricity.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm a dream for a large building manager. He wouldn't even have to hire outside HVAC help. I know floors like the back of my hand. I currently specialize in building custom tile showers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I can say im a welder for a living thats about it lol

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

13. Ohh i can build sub floors lay n stretch carpet..tile n lanolin flooring lol

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. As far as welding I'm basic. I know oxy/acetylene and stick arc welding. That's what they teach you first. They let you mess with other exotic metals for fun but not as part of the first two semesters of collage welding class. First two is all stick and torch.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ohms law is beyond me, barely understand volts and amps.! LOL

jack of all trades here too.!

16. something just hit me....
    storm is coming through, power flickered,
    it is tough on HID lights is there any adverse effects on quick cycles on LED's?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Volt x amps = watts. That's Ohms law. You can beak it down quite a few ways but that's it.

Volts is like water pressure and amps is the amount of water flowing through the pipe.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Then there's DC and AC they complicate it but only a little.

• Like Like x 1
  19. And ohms is the ball valve that contracts flow (resistance) but it’s not really as important as volts/watts. To me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The man's a wizard..He helped me stop from electrocuting myself as I built my own 132s..In all my years, I never understood anything about electricity, until he showed me how..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1