Quantum Boards

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SaHt420, Jul 11, 2018.

1. I'm growing in a 17x15x34 cab and ik I'm going to be cutting it close in height but I really wanna run qb's
    QB304 Quantum Board
    Will this work efficiently and if so will i need a heat sink?
    What else will I need to use it?
    I'm looking at the hlg65 kit but I want something a little cheaper if possible
    I will be adding a carbon filter in the top so it will take up a few inches
    I will scrog at 12" from bottom then place qb at something around 12" above that depending on how my plant responds

2. Well first, that's just the board. The driver will probably bring the price to the hlg65.
    As for the heatsink, I can't weigh in. Find tbone's threads on these things. He knows the deal. I have the hlg100 kit. Def worth the money, but can be done much cheaper if you're patient and search.

3. Alright I'll look for it

4. The problems with the 304 board is the voltage range for it is like 105-110 volts DC and they do need a heatsink. It's not your typical board. That's why they only use it for single and two board fixtures. Only the constant current 1050 driver can hit that high of voltage. They can't run 4 in their fixtures if they want to use a single driver because it would require like 440 volts DC. There's not a driver capable of putting that out plus it would shock the shit out of someone.

5. Your grow cabinet is the perfect size for a single HLG65. It would also be way cheaper. I can link you a $10 dimmer you can add to it. Your headroom is really tight you might need a dimmer. The 304 is way too hot and powerful. They're capable of almost 150 watts each.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Your space is super tiny. I think it's the best fit. You'll probably have to dim it some. It's more powerful then 65 watts gives it credit for. I've seen a single board grow 4oz's. If you train them perfect it's possible. Sure would be easier with a little more headroom.

7. Yea if I didn't have the c.f. it would give me the whole 24" after scrog but I need that

8. I wonder if it's possible to relocate the carbon filter? If you run a fairly powerful fan it will still pick everything up from a grow that small if it was right outside of the grow area.

9. Trying to be as stealth as possible and save some cash so I really don't want anything outside cab I'll make it work just dim it down half then go up as plants react
    Think that'll work?