Quantum Boards

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by josh90, Feb 20, 2018.

1. I have been looking into hlg 65 Quantum Board and it looks like it would be a good buy. Just looking for feedback on what y’all think and if anyone has used them did u have good results. And I was thinking about maybe buying 2 or 3. I think it’s more light means more weight and denser buds

2. Tons of stuff here..this is the best thread I think.
    HLG releases new quantum 120 board for DIY projects. $29

• Like Like x 2
  3. For $100 you could get 2 QB120s and a driver. (60 watts each)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi
    Where can I check ^^^^^ out???
    I have a 18 inch x 20 inch cab
    Got 2 fifty watt cobs and a mars 300 (118 actual watt) blurple.
    Please don’t knock my mars. It has done me nothing but good, but it’s time to upgrade.
    I’ve done reaserch on quatum boards and am nothing but confused...
    And my 2 cobs are diy Crees.
    Can anyone hear me in the right direction???
    How many watts of quantum??
    Do strips???
    288 or 304 ???
    Any help would be good
    Thanks!!!

5. Check out the thread that @Buzzer777 mentioned. It should answer all your questions, if not, maybe @Tbone Shuffle would be willing to help. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. thelukeman who is a rookie grower for the most part got 4oz's from a single HLG65. So, is it worth it. I would say yes. However if you can source just the board, which you can't right now, you can build the same fixture the kit gives you for about $55. I've built several. Here's my veg room full of 4 x qb120's I built with boards and their own PSU's all meanwells. I have two more on my shelf awaiting my kitchen herb garden.

The qb120's are limited availability right now because HLG put out a new board the qb132. It's 36 volts instead of 24 volts which more cob builders are used to and it has more diodes. The wattage of the 132 is about 75 watts compared to about 60 for the qb120.

You're better off just buying qb132's instead. They're available cheap in 4 packs on amazon.

A 4 pack of those is about 300 watts. I almost get tired of linking this same thing but this is the cheapest quality driver I would run with those in parallel. It has a voltage dimmer to get them tuned in but has limited actual dimming capability because it a voltage dimmer. Still it's a great driver. I don't dim my lights. I raise them up if the plants don't like the intensity. It's made for wiring in parallel. Each board to positive and negative outputs on the driver.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/lrs-350-36/mean-well-enterprises

If you want full dimming capability and a wet location approved 93% efficient driver you can also run them in parallel on one of these. It has a built in current dimmer under a plug accessed with a small phillips screwdriver. It's obviously a little more spendy.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-320h-36a/mean-well-enterprises

That's the best deal in high end led lighting on the market IMO. Show me another link where you can find 2.66umol 177lumens/watt, $175 roughly for 300 watts at the wall? It can't be done.

This will require very minimal DIY. I would say get over your fears and just do it because it's super easy and we will be here to help you. It's worth it if you want to save money. If you want more of an easy mode click and plug in solution get prebuilt HLG quantum board kits from growerslights.com. They gave me free shipping to Alaska. Pay $25-40 extra depending on kit to have them prebuilt and tested. You actually have to click on unassembled to get the discount. Default is built. I run 2 x qb260's in my 4x4 bloom tent (3k and 3500k) and 4 x qb120's(3 in 4k and 1 in 3k) which are HLG 65's in my veg 4x4.
    Horticulture Lighting Group
    IMG_8833.JPG
    IMG_8831.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Appreciate it, sorry for volunteering you, but it's kind of also your fault for being so damn knowledgeable ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have had a qb120 board thread going for a while. There's two of them. The one that buzzer linked is the older one in the lighting section. The one that says 3k is much more popular in the indoor growing section. It's up to almost 40k views. There's several qb120 (HLG65) builds in there along with a few from the newer qb132. I believe buzzer has a few qb132's if I remember? Plenty of knowledge about building your own setup along with pics if you want to go frameless or build a frame.
    HLG QB120 boards in 3k in stock for $29.