quantum boards question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by txbud997, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Are they really as kick ass as I'm hearing?

I'm in the market for one light that does it all.
    Just growing one plant at a time right now.

2. #2 Sickomindo, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Everything I have been hearing through the growers grapevine is all been saying the same. Supposedly and from what the pictures look, quantum boards are great (pick your Kelvin wisely) I just got mine today (3000k) actually and I already have cobs (3500k) so I'm going for a highbred cob quantum board.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. My plan when going into flowering is to bracket that new quantum board to the already Cob set up I made.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm going with the 260w 3000k to flower a 3x3 alone. I'll try n keep it updated.

5. They have been working for me quite well! I'm running a HLG 550 since march No heat issues and they are very efficient and have great light penetration. once I get a bigger tent 4x8 I'm going to run 2/260's and with my 550 should be Good. I want to add some UV light if I make a frame for the 260's. Look on Tbone's page he just picked up some of the 65 watt boards which they have in 4K for veg or 3K for bloom $29 you just need to buy $12 meanwell drivers. Good deal I think they'll have them in stock tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I am just bought a qb 260w to add to my 300 cobs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am just bought a qb 260w 3000k to add to my 300w cobs 3500k

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. So your running this 260w + 550 of what? In size tent?

9. some of you obviously grow a shit ton of weed. I'm just doing one or two plants at a time.

10. So my question is what quantum setup would be ideal for one or two plants?

11. Doing well. In a 3x3 tent for a 2 plant flower

12. One QB120 (60 watts ) will do just fine for one or two plants.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It depends on how large of plants we are talking about. For two of my plants I would want 2 qb260's.

You have to know what size area you want to fill with light to know what fixture you need. The current cheapest way to go is to build your own fixture with the qb120 boards. If you want start to finish you should use the 3k boards.

4 boards is a very economical fixture with a decent coverage area. The meanwell 240h c2100a is the perfect driver for 4 in series. No heat sink needed. The entire fixture can be had for $200 range. qb260's are great but they run much hotter then a 4 board qb120 fixture and they're $325 for a kit. $350 built.

Last time OP replied was sep 11th. He probably figured it out.

14. My first crop after adding a single qb260 went up 50% on yield in grams per watt and it was a much worse grow then previous where I had bad temps and spider mites. If it was an ideal grow it could have doubled my yield.

15. I've been looking into making a quantum board cob combo light for a 4x4 area. Trying to see if LEDs can beat a 630 that I'm currently running. Was thinking 4 hlg 65 in a square and then 5 cxb3590 in a cross through the middle of them. Think it would work?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey, sure it would work. But, at roughly $400 for 4 hlg65, you could build an 8 board light for the same $ or around 200 or so for a 4 board. Each of the hlg65 has their own driver and cord. My 8 board light runs 2 drivers and 2 cords. Check out my journal. I have the light build in the beginning. You could surely build a nice qb/cob setup

• Like Like x 4