quantum board Rspec 135w configuration (distance and power)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by peluza, Sep 2, 2019.

1. #1 peluza, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Hi guys i just bougth a quantum board Rspec 135w (Horticulture Lighting Group 135 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit V2 Rspec) for my 2x2 tent, but i don't know wich is a good distance and power to run a quantun board, my plant is growing to 30cm to the quantum board and is runing at 50% power, some one know if this configuration is correct or need more power or more distance, or when is good to change the power at 100%
    or if it is good to keep this distance until the end of flowering.

thanks guys!!!

2. I have no idea what ( Now My plants only have a few days ) means ?
    28 watts per square foot minimum wattage .
    Tent or grow size 2x2 equals 4 square feet of growing space x 28 watts per square foot = 112 watts minimum .

Run lights at full throttle with 18 inches away from the plants

3. !

Sorry! my mistake Engilsh is not my mother tongue... i was traying to say that i just put the seed few days ago and now is growing.
    thanks you !!

4. Man don't put that light that close to your seedling at full power. It will surely burn it. The best way to set light intensity levels is with a lux meter if you don't have one. Better to stay up high where you were and watch plant reaction if your seedling starts to stretch lower your light if it looks stressed raise it. Quantum boards are very intense lights go slowly.

5. no idea your plants were that small , you don't need that kind of wattage on little plants , everything I said pertained to growing plants that were fully veg or in budding .

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I had my seedlings 24 to 30 inches away from my 2 qb 288v2 rspec in a 3x3x6 tent. I started at about 75% and over the course of 3 weeks powered up to 100%. These lights can be intense. Saw this recommended on this forum before I set mine up.

7. Here's a calculator for converting lux to ppfd with a smartphone also included is a guideline for intensity levels for the different growth stages. Converting Lux to PPFD & Measuring Lux with Smartphone

The boards in question in this thread would fall under the 288 v2 conversion

8. Check this out for for fine tuning your light levels
    Converting Lux to PPFD & Measuring Lux with Smartphone

• Informative Informative x 1