Quantum board 4x120 fixture help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mjaj3184, Sep 10, 2018.

1. So I have been convinced to purchased the QB 120s but I’m having a difficult time finding a tutorial for building a fixture to support the 4 boards. Can anyone give me a hand?

2. Get some angle aluminum and use the boards as the cross members. Either screws or pop rivets will work. And some 1/16" aluminum cable for the hangers to hook to

3. I guess I was hoping there was a video tutorial maybe? I don’t really understand the wiring either.

4. Look on YouTube. Theres 3 hlg set up reviews where they walk through the wiring and setting it up

5. Awesome ty

6. Ya your gonna have to spend time on google. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1536622690.149860.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1536622722.666606.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1536622743.533516.jpg

7. I also have 2 120 boards also this is the driver that is best for them I think also read a lot of T-bones threads in Posts

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1536623065.126297.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1536623078.093578.jpg
    A little foot action
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1536623092.025865.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the help guys. I have Parkinsons and it’s hard for me to type and hold my head still enough to read sometimes. My wife does most of the “hands on stuff” for me. I’m hoping to find a step by step tutorial for building a frame and wiring them correctly. I ordered the QB 120s X4 but I haven’t gotten a driver yet or anything else I may need. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 PorcupineTree, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    The following drivers will work for you:

Cheap, not dimmable, poor efficiency
    One LRS-350-24 - four boards wired in parallel. (That means each board's positives and negatives are connected to the positives and negatives of the driver output)
    Two LRS-150-24 - two boards wired in parallel
    Four LRS-75-24 - one for each board

More expensive, dimmable, high efficiency
    One HLG-240H-24A - four boards, parallel
    Two HLG-120H-24A - two boards, parallel
    One HLG-240H-C2100A - four boards wired in series
    Four HLG-60H-24A
    - one for each board

Then, order some 1 inch angle aluminum that is 1/8 inch thick. This is the cheapest place I found. An 8 foot long piece is $10.
    https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=971&step=4&showunits=inches&id=62&top_cat=60

You can cut the aluminum to lengths of your specification, and drill holes through it for the screws that you will use to attach the boards. You will want to make a sort of rectangle out of it with cross bars holding the longer parallel pieces together. There are very useful pictures that people have posted in this thread.

Alternatively, you can simply get one of the single driver per board options I posted above (the LRS-75-24 or the HLG-60H-24A), and not use a frame at all. Just hang each board individually with the driver suspended a few inches above it like this:
    IMG_0681.JPG
    In this scenario, fishing leaders work very well as hangers. Just put two of them each through the holes in two corners of the boards and attach the ratchet hangers to that.

You will need 18 awg solid core wire

(search around for cheaper, I just posted the first one I came to)

You will need Wago connectors

You will need a PC power cable or extension cord (cut the female end off and wire it to the input of the driver using a waterproof connector that I will link to down below)

You will need a waterproof connector
    Junction Cable Connector, 2-Way, Black, 2-pack

You will need ratchet hangers

10. Thank you guys so much. You guys have continually been life savers since I walked down the medical cannabis path. I’m going to be hooking up all 4 boards together in a single fixture. I’m growing in a 3 x 3 x 6 text two plants at a time. Does anyone have a tutorial for the wiring aspect? I know they can be soldered on but I saw one awhile back where someone utilitized quick connectors? Again my wife will be doing the hands on stuff since I am not able so I’m trying to keep it as simple as possible for her.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thank you so much

13. I did hours and hours of research before I got my quantum boards. I know a hell of a lot about them, and there are also plenty of people on here who know more than me.

We are here to help, at least I know that I am, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Maybe you can forego doing all the research since we already did it. I'm more than happy to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Don't feel like you are imposing or asking too many questions. That's what we are here for. I'd love to help you successfully grow your own huge supply of super high-quality medicine.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I really do appreciate the assistance of all you guys, you’ve been great to me. I’ve reached out on other message boards in the past and not had positive results. People can be so cruel and rude sometimes I just don’t understand it. This has been a very very long and hard road for my wife and myself to walk down but it’s been so incredibly worth it. Finally I found a non-pharmaceutical medicine that helps me lead a semi normal life and my wife and I have something to bond over. I will definitely reach out in the near future I’m sure. And thank you from my wife as well.

• Like Like x 2
  15. No problem, I've also experienced the rudeness, impoliteness, and sheer cruelty of people on some weed-related forums. This one's not so bad, but RIU is just filled with dirty rotten scoundrels. The type of people who, when they are operating within the pseudo-anonymity of the internet, completely lose all their sense of decency, politeness, empathy, and dignity They are not all bad though. There are some good people on all of them. 420 mag seems to me to be the friendliest, also LED Gardener, although it's fairly small.

When my wife was dying of cancer, we were doing the Rick Simpson Oil thing, and she was having trouble with the extreme anxiety and paranoia that came along with the oil. As we were speaking about this on certain forums, there were plenty of people who were ridiculing her and calling her a pussy and a lightweight because she couldn't handle the oil like they can handle their weed. Just downright nasty people.

Anyway, this is why I go out of my way to help others on forums when I can, so don't hesitate to ask if you need any more guidance in terms of the quantum boards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. You have one hell of a wife. I have AS and my girlfriend has battled me the whole time I can't turn my neck upper down left or right I've had this damn disease since I was a kid. Contact me if you need any more personal frequent help. I'm open to phone texting or calling to help others like me learn to grow. I'll help you guys.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chosen the strains you're interesting in cultivating?

18. Thank you guys so much for the overwhelming support, it means more to me than words can express. Thank you SickoMindo (from my wife) she’s pretty great, I’ll keep her around for awhile lol as far as strains go, up until now I was getting seeds from a friend but he passed away so I ordered 5x White Widow FEM from Seedsman. They just arrived. I didn’t even know “autoflower” strains existed now I kind of wish I would have gone that route. But for this grow it’s going to be coco coir/perlite, 4x 120 qbs (still have to put that all together) in a 3ftX3ftX6ft tent. 6” ipower exhaust w/carbon scrubber and I think this time around my wife wants to try SCROG. It seems much easier and higher yielding than growing multiple small plants. I’m nervous about this grow I’ll be honest. This will be my 1st crop with coco coir, my first with QBs, and my first grow going into the fall/winter season. That’s a lot of variables I’m not accumstoed to. However you have all been so helpful and supportive that I/we are confident that we will be successful.

19. Great choice in your setup. I too grow in coco/perlite and grow to make RSO to beat my stage 4 colorectal cancer.

Couple tips to remember.

Coco is not soil, don’t treat it as such. You should finish in a 3 gallon pot, 5 if growing a tree and vegging for over 2 months.

Never let it dry out completely. Feed again when damp.

Always feed to waste. Approx 20%. This helps prevent salt buildup

Never feed plain water. If you must flush, do it with 1/4 strength nutes so you don’t mess up the cations.

Have cal mag on hand, you will need it by mid flower or earlier depending on your nutes contents.

Your light is not quite enough for the 3x6 space. 3 of those setups would be a touch overpowered but the spread would be great. 4 3 board units.

I have the same lights too :jump:

19EA98FB-CB1D-4837-8F4D-FA654845AA2B.jpeg