Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

quantity vs quality

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ElectricJW, Feb 5, 2013.

1. which is better?

I get a 1/2 oz of mids for $45 and an eighth of dank for $50. Which is better to use? I've heard of using a lot of material (shake,sugar leaf, popcorn nugs, mids) and using the best bud you can get. So what produces a better butter, dank nugs or mids?

I'm thinking the other chemicals in the weed will play a huge role, and I theorize that dank would produce the superior product (since the smoke is better), but has anyone tested this out before??? Even though the quantity (mids) would produce more THC, i think the other chemicals CBN CBD, etc would make it less potent than say some dank of equal price (not weight).

I just made some coconut oil w/ mids, now i'm make dank with butter. 12gs with the mids, ,and 3.5 for the dank, so i will let yall know.

2. Interesting. I know I prefer the flavor from dank buds. Kief and hash are my favorites to cook with because you don't get so much plant taste for a really strong end product. Cooking with mids gives a pretty earthy tasting butter because you have so much plant getting boiled into the butter to get the needed amount of goodies.

3. Get mids, unless its scwag.

50 for 3.5 - bs oh well :smoke:

Stay Classy Smoke Colorado

4. Quality no question about it.

5. Quality all day....to me, if you want to explore many different strains and get yourself familiar with as many different types of bud possible (this will also help you gain a tolerance) than quality is the way to go....now I'm saying this as just an overall statement. Plus it's nice to know that what you're smoking is some of the best, anybody can buy a pound of swag and smoke it all and not be close to high...it's a better reward for me, all around, to have a half oz. of some high quality bud then waste my money of a bunch of Reggie.

6. Damn right! I got a friend that thought he was winning with an ounce of shwag. I tried it and immediately said it tasted like horse sh*t! And gave him some of my dank goodness and he immediately felt embarrassed. Lolz

7. Some people just don't understand

8. I really, honestly do hope he got it. I mean its not like I won't smoke Reggie but everything is sooo much better with good weed.

9. I'd go with the 8th of dank. It's only a ten dollar difference.

10. Considering its edibles ....

11. for edibles buy the mids, and roll up a fatty to blow down while making em:smoking::D

12. Do u guys are saying that 3.5 grams of dank is better than 14 g of mids for edibles?

Btw, I just got done cooking an eight of dank, and I had a half of mids in edibles cooked the same way, so ill see which is more potent. Which the mids turned out great though.

13. never liked the idea of eating dank, and never liked to idea of smoking mids/regs. but am curious as to how your edibles came out

14. #15 potfiend, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    When you make the comparison keep in mind that butter is an inferior solvent compared to coconut oil. Only you can tell, but the higher saturated fat content of mids in coconut oil will allow for greater bio-availability then cooking superior weed in an inferior solvent (butter).

In the end you can never really tell how much each factor or type of weed will effect the end results that's why it is theoretically better to always use the best herb and the highest saturated fat ratio that you can get.

15. Yeah i know about the butter and coconut oil, but I dont think they are that big of a deal as it is made out to be. The best experience I've had off an edible was when butter was used, however I usually only use coconut oil but I ran out after my last batch was made w/ a 1/2 of mids.

The butter turned out good, but I get more bang for the buck with the mids. I wish weed was legal here so I can just grow it and use a lot of material and not have to worry about the most efficient way to make edibles.