Quality Tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Alphatronix, Jul 16, 2017.

1. #21 Tbone Shuffle, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Higher end leds are just more efficient in their output. You can fill a 4x4 with 500 watts of qb panels or 480 of spectrum king. It takes more actual watts then that to have a good crop with mars II lights in a 4x4. That's why the mars fixtures that are designed for 4x4 are around 700 watts or more. The light output per watts is significantly lower with the older style cheaper panels not to mention the inferior older drivers and diodes that burned out occasionally. Not only that but the spectral output of the light is more optimal with the more expensive lights.

I haven't seen anyone be much better then 1 gram per watt with older mars panels but I have seen 1.9grams per watt with cree cobs. That extra investment in lighting doesn't go to waste.

It's hard to under estimate the joy of working in a garden lite with white light as opposed to burple. Some people are more sensitive to it then others but there's no question it will bother your eyes and white light doesn't.

2. They're very expensive. The epistar is like $750 and I'd go above budget. I'll be doing the 3 light rotation method so hopefully 2 600s and maybe an extra reflector96 will get me enough $ in first 12 months to pay investment and upgrade to better lights..

3. It's $664 on the mars website. If you get a hold of smokesara on the forums she may even give you a better deal.

You can always start with the 600's and sell them after you upgrade a few crops down the road. I'm selling my platinums now and switching out to QB panels for bloom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hmmm, something to think about.. from what I'm reading, with 500 watt from the wall will get me about a pound and that's fine with me concidering 2 Mars 600 is only $300..

I am a but lost on this 3 light tent rotation.. lol.. need to watch a few more videos..

5. Would a T5 2ft 8bulb 16000 lumens be enough for vegging 8-12 plants in a 4x4? With a mother plant too?

6. It's almost in the wattage range. 15 watts per square is probably a good minimal level for non led veg lighting. It's about 192 watts if those are 24 watt bulbs. T5's aren't quite as good as high end led's but they veg so good many large scale commercial ops veg with t5HO's to this day, even with everything else on the market.

You could definitely get by with it until you can add something better. I use 180 watts in a 4x4 but two lights really helps spread it out.

7. Can't I just buy better T5 bulbs. The 54 watt or even the high output one at 85watt?

8. Those are 4' bulbs. The 2ft t5 ones don't go up that high.

9. Just found out real dimensions of the T5 4' 8 Bulb.. should fit my 4x4 with room for vent.. that's 40k lumens. Now I feel secure.. I'll have about an inch between light and tent on both ends but it'll cover the whole area very well..

And I decided to run 3 Mars 600s in both flower tents. I think this is a good setup. 3K budget should get covered pretty fast..

10. Hi Alphatronix
    4'x4' grow tent, you might need at least 480w which 30w per sq ft. The mars 600 true watt is about 265w±10% , so from the watt, two mars 600 are enough. But from the coverage, the coverage of mars 600 is 2.5'x2', two will 5'x2' or 4'x2.5'. it cannot cover your grow tent. How many plants you gonna grow?

11. The true watt of mars 900 is about 350w, and coverage is 3.5'x3.5'. it might not enough for your 4'x4' grow tent

12. The coverage of Mars 1200 is 4'x4', but some people reflect that during the flowering, the coverage is a little smaller than 4'x4', so you might need to add some side lights

13. 4 reflector 96 are good, but it is a little pricy, 2 reflector 144 will cheaper, and can cover your 4'x4' grow tent, true watt of single reflector 144 is about 290w.
    Now we have summer sales, when you place your order over $500, you can save $10, and at the time you can use the discount code“smokesara"

14. Hi there! I decided to get 3 Mars600s per tent. $450 for almost 800 watts out the wall. Wasn't able to get higher watts for that price and quality. My veg tent will have a T5 4ft 8 Bulb light at 40k lumens which should let me veg as much as I want. I just hope the T5 fits. Amazon and others don't have accurate specs. The company that makes them say it's 46in long so I hope it fits the 4x4.. Amazon had it a 51in. So hopefully I didn't screw myself.

I'll have these 3 tents a foot from one another. I wanted to know, if i have a less intense smell from the veg tent, can I run the filter fan exhaust vent into the flower tent instead of outside my window? And then run my flower tent exhaust into my 3rd tent which will have its exhaust going out a window? Sorta daisy chain the vents?

15. I used to run 770 watts of platinum in my 4x4 and it was plenty of light for huge colas. If you think about it with HPS most people will run 1000 watts in a 4x4 with a vented hood. Near 800 is still 20% more efficient.

You'll only need a filter on the inlet of the largest exhaust fan. Any flower tent should have a filter and exhaust fan. The veg tents can get by either exhausting the heat right into the room to be drawn out by the flower tent or you can run a duct from the veg tent to the flower tent so it sucks the heat out. I have a 6" duct linking the tops of my veg and flower tent so the exhaust fan in the flower tent can grab the veg tent air. Veg tents do barely stink at all.

If your exhaust fan is huge you could run only one like that. Otherwise I would put a large exhaust fan on each flower tent.

16. Tbone took the words right out of my mouth. I have 3 link set ups. I have 3 2x3 vegs and 3 4x4 flowers now, i have a push in the veg and pull from the flower. Keeps evrrything perfect and cool. I use a 4 inch induction and a 6 inch extractor.

Also, could you fellas please vote for me inhttps://forum.grasscity.com/threads/testers-wanted-for-mars-hydro-cob.1461519/page-8#post-23635064

Very close, every vote counts.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

17. So basically if I have a hurricane 500 cfm in each flower room connected to a 6'x16 phresh filter, I don't really need a filter or fan in my veg room. I could just run a 6' duct along the top of veg vent into flower room and connect both flowers rooms the same with the last room sucking out.
    Seeing good thing coming.

18. Yes, except I do have a small exhaust fan in the veg tent connected to a duct that runs over to the flower tent. The fan may be unnecessary. My veg tent is always very cool. 75-78 degrees since I barely have any watts in there. Those CLW 110's run so cool it's crazy.