Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quality of weed from your "guy" vs. your local dispensary

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MellowStoner, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Since legalization , prices at dispensaries are obviously on the rise due to taxes and new overhead expenses that weren’t seen before legalization.

Cheers to the process.

2. Never had Local dispensary. Only "Guy" is real

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm very satisfied with the weed I get from "my guy", who no longer deals but buys a little extra from his dealers which he then sells to me. The situation in New York is that it's legal, but no dispensaries are open yet, so I can't compare it. When it is sold legally, I'll see what is happening and if I'm not satisfied I won't use the dispensaries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Average dispo: I grow meds that work better for me.
    Jungle Boys dispo: Okay no, I don't grow better than Ivan's crew. Working on it, with their genetics even.

• Like Like x 1
  5. this looks like some finely grown weed should be nice if its GG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep, it *was* good! Went through it pretty fast, though! LOL. Gettin some Dawgwalker soon.

7. So I got a Z of the Dawgwalker a few days ago from “my guy”, and holy F is it good! Better than most dispensary stuff around here. Stoned on it right now, I feel like a 16 year old who is high for the first time! Lol, well not quite, but ya get my point. 179AC829-C561-426A-B861-2B674755E934.jpeg

8. Aww it's so cute in its little dish.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #29 hardrokker, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    I occasionally smoke black market weed acquaintances have and see no differences versus dispensary product as long as THC content is 20%+ or so. To those that grow their own well with high THC content, well done!

It has been 4 years of legal rec weed here in California. Note old me as someone consuming weed since 1968, don't drink any caffeinated drinks, rarely alcohol, never a nicotine user, use no other drugs, and rarely medicines, so am a rare "pure" cannabis user. Greatly prefer being chemically normalized most days of my life as I prefer a clear mind.

Have bought flower and cartridges from several legal dispensaries here and in Nevada. The major dispensaries in my vast urban area have large inventories and indeed are expensive. Cost is not much an issue because unlike the majority on this board, I don't smoke daily but rather am on continual tolerance break cycles that allows my body to normalize. Probably averaging 2 sessions a week. My joints, I smoke on the sly in public, average about 1/4 gram...yeah small. Also because I have lot of CB-1 receptors available, don't need to smoke that much to get extra high that lasts longer. Greatly prefer knowing the THC content of what I buy and that it has been tested for dangerous chemicals. Although all dispensaries sell expensive name flower, why bother buying an eighth for $50 when there are always other strains available for under $25 with similar THC content? I don't believe any of the narrative of indica versus sativa or this terp versus another. It all works the same on my normalized brain CB-1 receptors. The rest IMO is marketing BS.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I grow my own as well so I actually am, "The guy," but have found dispensary weed to be quality as well at times! My favorite dispensary was called Primo in Villa Grove Colorado and they carried only sungrown, organic bud grown from local farmers! True quality! I got an ounce from there and do so everytime I roadtrip to the area for trail races! Last time I got Pakistani Kush, Bubblegum, Banana Kush, and Durban Poison!

Here is some Walter White by Mephisto genetics, grown by Ember Valley Farms I picked up recently from a local dispensary, (San Diego). Found out I had some store credit built up so figured I might as well use it! 20210812_165519.jpg 20210812_165447.jpg 20210812_165351.jpg 20210813_103027.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. At times is the problem. Mine is always quality. Just gets better every grow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's awesome! I'm all for growing your own! But I support the select, very few dispensaries that support local small farms such as Primo in Colorado!

13. I prefer either growing my own or getting cannabis from the dispensary (I just like a different flavor now and then).

I will NOT buy from anyone "on the street" simply because there is no testing for pesticides, heavy metals, mold, etc! Your "guy" may may be a great friend, but his grower may have used RAID to get rid of some mites, or grown on heavy metal-contaminated soil, for all you know! It's just not worth the risk to save a buck or two! :hide:

Granny :wave:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thats an excellent point!

15. 0.00% CBD?... Shitty dispensary.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shitty testing. California testing standards are all over the place. Has nothing to do with dispensary. The weed was bomb. I've seen shit weed test over 30% here that looked like shit.

17. I honestly believe this is labeled incorrectly as well as thc was supposedly 25% but total cannabinoids were over 30% which meant there was at least some CBD present.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I know you aren't fond of dispensaries but there are a few good ones out there that carry small time farmer's organic bud! I've sold my Gorilla Glue to a few different shops. Sometimes the weed you get from a guy, the weed you grow, and the dispensary weed are literally the same product haha

• Like Like x 2
  19. A guy recently showed me some beautiful home grown. I got to feeling bad that I wasn't growing the four plants I was allotted and he told me anybody can grow marijuana, but it's hard to grow great marijuana. I just can't grow great marijuana myself.
    I recently got a new guy and get concentrate from him at $40 gram, half ounce $250, $500 ounce and it's good stuff. My dispensary has some nice concentrates and they're all solvent-less. The bud is grown and processed on site and the quality is excellent and you know exactly what you're getting. liverosin.JPG liverosin2.JPG It is pricey. I won't buy unless there is a good sale. Grams are $80-$100. I know some medical marijuana patient's need absolute purity and this stuff works for them.

20. Just takes time, learning, the right genetics, and the right equipment that works for you.

I went from this

IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG IMG_1509.JPG

To this just 3 grows later.
    P3020224.JPG P3170367.JPG P3020289.JPG P3020206.JPG

The biggest mistake i made was growing autoflowers. Im just running 1000w HPS and organic soil with just a touch of bottled nutrients. Really nothing special at all. Good genetics make an incredible difference.

• Winner Winner x 1