Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quality of weed from your "guy" vs. your local dispensary

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MellowStoner, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Here is a pic of some bud I picked up from my "guy". D4298741-CA65-4EB3-ADE5-7DAF397D4128.jpeg Not sure where it comes from, he says its Gorilla Glue. Its not bad! Sometimes his stuff seems better than what some dispensaries are selling for twice as much. As far as dispensaries go, I have been to them in 5 different states. Gotta say, CA bud is by far the best. MA weed is good, so is CO, but I was not too impressed with what I got in Vegas. Tried 2 places there, stuff just wasnt that potent.

• Like Like x 3
  2. #2 Vee, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Quality of weed from your "guy" vs. your local dispensary?

Option C: We grow our own

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. My usual shop, I really like the quality of weed, and good prices. But, doesn't have the biggest selection.
    Deviated from my usual shop once, and I got small dry buds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. My weed is usually better by a fair margin these days... Living soil, sunshine, and water. Tends to whip indoor hydro's ass pretty consistently. Just my 2cents.

• Like Like x 7
  5. I grow better than any shop I've been to.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I just wanted my first crop to survive. Turned out better than dispensary or 'my guys'. Haven't paid a single penny since. 'Homegrown' used to be a joke, now it's the standard you use to judge other peoples weed, lol. "It's ok. Not as good as what I grow, but it's ok."

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I think homegrown is cheaper,taste better,and is smoother. But n oregon it’s easy not to grow cus weed is so cheap here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. A forum full of growers... Should have known better than to ask OP ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. "My Guy" - I haven't had a guy since 2004. They never carried anything other than one strain and it was overpriced and shitty. They never carried vape carts or edibles or tinctures, or canna drinks. I can't use a credit or debit card with a guy.

There's really no comparison, I'll be a legal dispensary guy for ever

• Like Like x 3
  10. That's strange, everyone I talk to says the same about dispensaries. I guess it depends on who you know... Or on what you grow ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Have you ever set foot in a dispensary? Even the shitty ones have at least a dozen DIFFERENT strains and all the other products that weed guys never have

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. (If you reply to me please quote me otherwise I often tend not to read it :thumbsup:)

Nope, never have myself.

I grow any strain in the world that I want and can make anything I want. I see their prices tho, and hear about the quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Well goodie for you. Some of us can't grow anything to save our lives, and also may have jobs and kids and stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Isn't using anything other than cash very new? If you can even do that now. I thought dispensaries have always been cash only since it's federally illegally and banks don't want to risk blowback.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Each Shop varries, and every "guy" is different. Quality can also swing month to month from either. I actually was a bud tender for about a year. A common theme is a customer will buy bottom tear marijuana then complain. Saying he can get better from his "guy". Then when asked to step up to top tier they say it cost to much lol hmmm. Which can be true at times. Top tier 8ths where $55 with an added discount the more you purchase. Ounces came out to $320 recreational and like $280 medical. Add a employee discount and we are down to $250 an ounce of top shelf. Depending on your "guy" lol. Those prices may be competitive.

Who's is better? Lol if both your shop and your guy are at the top of their game? Quality should be comparable. I've had my mind blown the last few years by both my "guy" and my shop multiple times. In my world it's a true tie. The "guy" should have a better deal though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. My "guy" is the Canadian online black market lol, puts the govt dispensary to shame.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I envy those of you who grow and can produce bud that’s better than a dispensary or a “guy”! You are right, that’s the best way to do it! Time for me to learn how to grow, I guess!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Same

My first trip into a weed store (granted this was when they were pretty new) they had like 5 strains on hand and what they had on display looked like trash. I guess maybe they didnt want to advertise nice tops and sell u popcorn? Regardless, the shit coming out of rec shops is trash, even now. Mostly hydro. Always cut way to early. Never dried/cured properly.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Well brother ur in the right place to learn to grow your own and be successful at it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. And cheaper too. Dispensaries are nice an all but are hella expensive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1