Quadlining

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by capitolp, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Anyone heard of/tried quadlining before? It's a variation on mainlining that's all the rage over at 420 mag forums. It's real interesting stuff, a whole ton of people over there swear by it. Faster veg with this method compared to other mainline/manifold/flux techniques. This guy does it to autos too and everything. Check out the "quadsquad" thread over there for a detailed explanation and cool pics. I'm gonna try it soon with some freebie seeds I popped a couple weeks ago.

P

• Like Like x 2
  2. I don't want to go over there, Just give me the quick version. Is it anything like a 4 top mainline? If so, no longer interested.

3. Cool! I can't really do it justice so not gonna bother trying to explain but it's a mainline variation that takes less veg time. Pretty easy to find with google but I can post the link too if anyone needs. Mainly posted for the people who like to research/explore new techniques and ideas so no sweat if you're not interested. I thought it was worth mentioning because it's won the dude who started it like 4 plant of the month awards over there for these beautiful looking quadlined plants. Definitely worth taking a look for those who are interested!

P

4. Over here we just call that a scrog without a screen. 4 top mainline, no lollipop. Let em all grow. Saves you a whole week, which is how long it takes to get another 4 tops by traditional mainline.
    I tried it but no real control over height or width. I would be nicer if you hadn't come on this site and suggested people go to another site.
    420 has a reputation for cool grow dudes.

5. That's cool man! He's got a pretty detailed system on when to train/top/defoliate etc and he does in fact lollipop them so you probably weren't exactly "quadlining".

I'm all about learning man, I don't have any loyalty to any particular website or forum and I'm sorry because I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. If I can share a link that will help someone learn something new, or help to bring an idea over here that people don't know about, I think it's worth it to share. That's how everyone can win instead of trying to gatekeep information. For example, awareness about quantum boards and the first community around them was at LEDgardener forums if I'm not mistaken. If no one came here to spread the information from LEDgardener then it would take longer to build awareness around QB technology here. So let's just all share links and knowledge even if it's from another forum. They are just websites it's not a competition or rivalry.

P

• Like Like x 2
  6. I also like to share knowledge and pruning autos is a subject I am always interested in. Yes, the quad concept is what I started with when I was still afraid to mainline an auto to 8 tops. I had some experience with what they use to call an Iron Cross, which was just letting 4 bottom stems grow and tie them down and let the shoots off of them grow up. When I switched to hydro however, the 4 mains just got unreasonably long and I couldn't contain, plus the shoots got really tall, so I sol out of room.
    What is a QB?

7. Interesting. By QB I meant quantum board...

P

8. just kiddin ya, They don't even let you post here anymore if you aren't using qb.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I searched for it last night when you first started this thread and I was glancing at the techniques and checking out the final results and I must say I'm very impressed with this guys work. Those colas look amazing. Maybe a little too much work for me to try out personally on my plants, but impressive nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah dudes out here growing 18oz plants its crazy lol. Glad you found it interesting!

P

11. Quad lining is how I started growing. I think that’s how most growers I know started. As far as yield/ time growing its better than mainlining also IME but not as pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I hear ya for both yield and speed. Although in one gallons packed in tight, 4 mainlines in a 2x2 is wall to wall buds if you start them all at the same time. I got away from the big quad plants because they were so unpredictable. At least in 5 gallon perlite smartpot hempies they were too big for me. I acknowledge big and little, but not neccessarily big good, little not so good. It is just assumed everybody wants to grow big. I kind of got over it in the competitive big tomato county I lived in. I moved to the city and grew a little tomato out back and it was a much prettier plant. Also just a two top if you have 4 feet to spread it out in. The final top from 4 to 8 is for me one week. By then they don"t seem to mind any more stress. They are experts at surviving it. My favorite is that topped and tied in the blue plastic you did. That's about the right size for me.

13. But whichever method you choose. I picked up some professional nail cutters that are like pliers with hard rubber handles +$25 and they take topping a 2 week old auto two a new level. Unlike scissors, these are so much better and you can make darn sure only what is in the tiny V between the cutters gets cut. Unlike sissors which cut what you want and anything else that was down at the end between the blades you weren't looking at. It's really clean if you only use it for topping. Lollipops get the gunky scissors.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well said. I have seven sites bookmarked and glean info and tips from all. I happened to find that quad info on the day he started his auto quad and I'm giving it a shot with my autos. DSCN2278 (2).JPG DSCN2290 (2).JPG DSCN2322 (2).JPG DSCN2319 (2).JPG DSCN2339 (3).JPG DSCN2344 (2).JPG DSCN2413 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Interesting strategy, will give it a shot with a freebie seed next run

• Like Like x 1