Q's?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hoojasmoke, Jul 28, 2005.

1. i have four girls and their two weeks into flowering. i took a peak in the room today and one of them has shot up almost touching the light. is it ok to cut the two branches from the middle or should i try and manpulate those branches somehow so they aren't so close? they all different strands and their growth patterns vary. help me out please?

also does anyone know any noise dampening techniques to quite fan noise?

girls: 1 Kahuna, 1 Ice, 1 Mango(papaya), 1 Cindarella99

2. I would not cut any of the Branches .. Thats Just less bud sites.. I would Definitly tie the Branches down. YOu cant raise your light any more?

• Like Like x 1
  3. i can raise the light but i dont want to pull it too far away from the other girls especially the one that is a little behind the others. how far can a 400hps be from the plants before it is too far? the walls of the enclosure are close to the plants so the light will remain enclosed.

4. I have a 400hps and 7 plants under it and i basicallly put it right on the plant about maybe half a foot away? They say put your hand under it, if it feels like it could burn your hand over time then put it a lil further away cause obviously you would burn the plants............

5. i have the really close about six inches or so away from the girls but the tall one is too tall and the little is really little. how far can i go away from the plant before the light won't be sufficient anymore?

6. you can put the short one on a milk crate or something to bring it closer to the light

• Like Like x 1
  7. cant advise without pics

8. go behind basically any restaurant, grab some milk crates.
    raise your light then raise the other girls up.

9. If you have tops clearly sticking above the others go down the stem of each a ways and pinch it a few times until it gets a little soft. Then gently bend the branch down with the top until it creases a little right at the spot you pinched. This is called supercropping or more simply bending/breaking branches. Keep some tape handy so you can tape them if they snap on you.

2 weeks in flower is still plenty of time to do a little training and have the plant recover and turn back up towards the light. You want as even of a canopy as possible. If you have to turn buckets upside down to prop smaller plants up then do it. Your yield will suffer the more uneven your canopy and light penetration is.

• Like Like x 1