Qrazy Train & Cotton Candy

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Cuzin Red, May 5, 2012.

1. Strange. I tried uploading pics of the gold Haze several times but the file transfer keeps failing for some reason.

2. Trying some other pics like those I took recently with the Canon. ??? Now it seems to work fine.

more steves pics 087.jpg

more steves pics 089.jpg

3. Here's some pics of the Haze we picked up yesterday, though the quality doesn't show in these phone cam grade shots.

more steves pics 060.jpg

more steves pics 058.jpg

4. It's taken awhile to get back in the saddle, but now that my first wife and I are together again there's just no stopin' us now. In eastern Wa. we plan on scaling up about 4X. My wife was just awarded SSDI, like I recieve as well, for a work related injury. We're eternally grateful for the ability and opportunity to do this and provide quality medication at a fair donation fee to dispensaries, and secure our financial self-reliance in retirement to boot. More than we could have ever hoped for in our wildest dreams at this point in our lives.

5. Some shots I just took this morning with the Canon again. Trying to make the adjustments for those up close shots. I'm gonna' get a better camera eventually. They certainly are developing rapidly and lookin' fuzzy.

more steves pics 095.jpg

more steves pics 094.jpg

more steves pics 093.jpg

more steves pics 092.jpg

6. #26 Cuzin Red, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
    more steves pics 096.jpg

more steves pics 097.jpg

more steves pics 098.jpg

Just past week 3 and lookin' phat. Trichs have noticably come on heavily in the last few days. In fact I'm embarassed to admit, largely due to our usual connection drying up, because they're already begining to swell and the trics are so advanced for this stage we broke down yesterday and sampled a few of the more developed buds that were shading others anyway. Surprisingly good and nice tasting, after sampling a tiny amount carefully dried in the oven. :eek:? Really, I mean verrry carefully. I cut up the sticky little 'budskies', as my wife calls 'em, into very small pieces and keep oven temps around 150 or less for about 7-8 mins, monitored closely for perfection.

Edit: Lol! Just noticed key evidence of the notorious Bud Bandit's desperate heist in one of the crime scene photos. In the middle pic, near the center and up, and to the left a little, there's one of the cut stem's ends among some budsites.

7. #27 Cuzin Red, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    Some more up dated up-close shots. With 4+ weeks left, they're about mid-way home.

more steves pics 099.jpg

more steves pics 101.jpg

more steves pics 102.jpg

Edit: A little surprised to have seen little in the way of stretching yet. There's still enough time, but these QT buds look further developed relative to their age and that has me thrown off a little. There's just no way they won't grow considerably longer and phatter over the next month or more.

8. Well, our guy is still dry. So we took a few well developed side branches yesterday. Seafair weekend? Check! Sunny-85 deg. forecast? Check! Road-trip stash? Check!
    All systems 'GO'!

Tried to upload some updated good pics of my veg, clone and mother units earlier but they failed.-?

9. #29 Cuzin Red, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    more steves pics 103.jpg

more steves pics 104.jpg

more steves pics 105.jpg

more steves pics 107.jpg

more steves pics 109.jpg

more steves pics 110.jpg

Top-to-bottom: Plants in veg (the two on the left are from the faster growing and denser Querkle-dom mamma. The others are from a Trainwreck-dom pheno I dumped), the 100 watt MH in action in the veg unit, healthy root development in veg, root development @ 11 days in clone unit,
    mamma (clone factory), mamma's CFL powered home.
    Edit: Lol! Had to finally try uploading these on an RIU thread and copy/paste the pics from there. Surprised it actually worked.

Edit II: Oh no! Just realized the pics are only visible on my PC if I'm also logged into RIU on another page. Didn't think that would work, being on the GS site anyway.-?

Edit III: 3rd time's a charm.

10. hey bro sorry its been awhile i guess when i responded a week ago it didnt work :eek:. i have been busy putin my flower room back together.... love haze strains i just don't like how they seem to take over my grow room with stretch.i almost went with vortex as well. tga said they recommend it to everyone whos not sure about what strain of theirs to run. but these days for good day time smoke im thinkin jillybean and/or Pandoras box for sativa dom strain. unfortunately for me my patients prefer indica strains.

plants are lookin good i have high hopes for this strain. are you still runin cotton candy? i bet your road trip went well.the nw has been extremely nice lately! enjoy the sun peace:smoke:

11. #31 Cuzin Red, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    No problem. Lol, the flower room is never quite right or could always be just a little bigger. That's how it always seems for me, anyway. Am finding I'm now having odor issues anyway due to not enough contact time in the plenum between the ozone gens and the evacuation point to the atmosphere outside. Will likely have to modify my exhaust to incorporate a CANN filter and be done with the whole matter. As pointed out, I'm a huge Haze fan myself. But likewise can't handle the stretch and infiltration of my grow, to say nothing of how incredibly long they can take to finish properly (So many experienced Indica growers pick their Sativas early without knowing it).

The Cotton Candy was just a novelty plant freebie from the Tude I ran one time. It wasn't all that memorable and the yield was a little light.

Lol! We try to fit in every chance for a road trip we can get away with.

Thanx for stayin' tuned. Peace, out! :bongin:

Edit: It is really odd how these QT buds are developing rapidly proportionate to their chronological stage. The tips of all the main colas, if you could call them that due to being so small, are swelling and many of the pistils are turning brown, along with accelerated trich development. I was really counting on them stretching out and filling in a little more in the manner buds normally develop. As I said before, there's still a lot of time left on them with about 4 weeks to go. If they only grow slightly and swell up some more in the pattern they're following so far, yields will likely only be about 7+ zips instead of the 10-12 I was hoping for. I have my fingers crossed.

12. #32 Cuzin Red, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    Every once in awhile I wax on a one-in-a-million, no-name pheno from bagseed I had until I lost her in a forced move and near bust about 6 years ago. The stuff was unreal-potent with a high tolerance hammer-like kick and soaring blast-off high like nothing else I've ever smoked. Most amazing of all- not only was it a super fast 45 day'er, but I could get away with harvesting about 10 days early (that's just 35 short days of 12/12 :eek:) and no one suspected it was immature. Crystal coated, dense with brachs that remained deceptively swollen when dry, it surprisingly tasted ripe enough. And the unusually strong hammer blow the pheno carried was present enuf at that early stage anyway to make for a 'second-gear' surge effect to compensate for the otherwise immature high. It easily passed on the streets without question in emergencies. But when fully mature, it was almost too overwhelmingly intense with potency, if there is such a thing. The taste was sweeter than sweet, but not fruity or skunky. Just a tiny hit off the bong expanded till even die-hard iron lung veterans exploded in coughing fits. I named her, "The Atomic Chronic" and befittingly placed a little hallogram lightning bolt sticker on the bags I'd sell.

13. Pics from this AM. They're beautiful, but note how they look like they've only got about two weeks to go instead of about 4. A better cam would show the colors and advanced trich development.

more steves pics 116.jpg

more steves pics 117.jpg

more steves pics 118.jpg

more steves pics 119.jpg

14. hey:wave: is the smell real noticeable outside? you dont want peeps to know what you are up too. i have had some good luck with tude freebies. on my very first order i made years ago i swear the free seeds did better then the seed i bought.... i hear you with the in and out i have high strain standards as well.

that cut you had sounds awesome too bad its not still around. the pics look good .i can tell your pistils are changing colors. looks like its maturing. do you have a scope to check trichomes..i have had a few strains that looked done and the tris were only alittle cloudy..keep it green peace:smoke:

15. #35 Cuzin Red, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    Yeah, I'm having effective contact time problems with the two ozone gens positioned in the exhaust plenum to the evacuation point open to the outside. The odor isn't really strong and I can only pick up a slight whif or two just outside the area where the closet is up next to the house. Granted, the reek factor will certainly increase considerably as harvest approaches. And that will become a concern. So gonna' have to spring for a CANN charcoal filter mod to the exhaust plenum and eliminate the problem completely.

I'm prepared to be fooled by these QT buds. It's happened before, and they begin to look good enuf temptation creeps in. I've been disapointed too many times over the years by cropping a little too early in the old days.

The Atomic Chronic was the most bizarre bud, and I've never have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it. Finished, it easily fetched $50/eigth. But a guy I sold zips to got $60 and sometimes more for 2.5g on the streets of downtown Seattle.

16. #36 Cuzin Red, Aug 14, 2012
    more steves pics.jpg

Meet, "Fang". Our resident bloom closet mutant monster guard arachnid. He's mostly tame, but God help ya' if you're some stranger sniffin' around too close to the buds. Found him hangin' out nearby the local Nuclear Reactor cooling ponds last year and he's already a family pet.

:bongin: Think I've had one hit too many and it's past my bedtime...

17. #37 Cuzin Red, Aug 14, 2012
    Insanity in the veg unit. These are the same plants shown above (Page 1) almost a month ago. They were placed in there a little early anyway, and still have about a month to go before moving to the bloom enclosure. But I'm nearly maxed out with my hood adjustment already. Those 100 watt MHs do a nice job of supplementing the CFLs for some powerfully prolific high-speed growth.

more steves pics 120.jpg

more steves pics 121.jpg

Edit: A reminder that what's here is only one root tub of (4) plants instead of double that amount it's designed for. The veg unit is only intended to get the usual (8) plants relatively minimal more growth and a chance to fill in a little, and gradually adjust to the much brighter lighting for 4 weeks while the roots get gnarly.

18. Sure enough, I picked up a good magnifier and in fact though the trichs are profuse all over the buds, they simply are not developed with fully formed crystal mushroom heads. Let alone those heads turning milky or amber yet. Pics from this AM:

more steves pics 122.jpg

more steves pics 123.jpg

more steves pics 124.jpg

19. #39 Cuzin Red, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    more steves pics 125.jpg

Lol! A remnant of the late-seventies glory days when Puna Budder (strange, but the buds actually had a thick 'buttery'-like feel and coating with resin), Kona and Maui Wowie were all the rage, I've had this burlap sack stashed away since sometime in the very early '80's and thought it was lost forever. Ironically, "Pakalolo" in Hawaiian means, "Crazy Weed".

Edit: It was a different, simpler time and few knew or heard the word trichomes or even the more common term, "resin glands". Many thought the resin flowed thru the plant's stems like sap in a tree. Lol! Hence descriptions so relating to buds having a rich, thick golden butter-like (akin to a fresh hash-like) consistency were implied. While today no such connection would fit the imagination. I haven't heard of or seen the real-deal Hawaiian Puna since those days. It wasn't spicey/hashy pungent, but sweet Hawaiian with a thick, creamy & dreamy taste to the smoke that carried over into the powerfully surging creeper high. While just a few puffs on the 'B' managed to keep you pleasantly aloft most of the day.

20. Changed the lighting for this shot I took earlier today. With about 10 days to go, they look it. The trichs are still not quite there and not enough of the red/brown pistils have receded back into the bud or fallen off yet. While the tips of the big buds are still growing slightly, brachs have not quite swollen fully on all the buds yet. A little frustrating how even on the macro setting, I still can't seem to get better quality up-close pics with that Canon.

more steves pics 129.jpg