Qestion for hydro buffs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CoRBeaR, Sep 18, 2011.

1. #1 CoRBeaR, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
    I'm using an ebb and grow and everything is great expect one thing. The base of my plants which are pushing 1ft are starting to rot (I guess). It's basically where the base if the stem is meeting the rapid rooter and its forming an hour glass shape causing the plant to be flimsy.

I'm assuming this is from lack of air movement? I have the system feeding three times a day for 30 minutes thus the base will stay wet. I have centrifugal air movers but they were angled up towards the ceiling, so not much air was moving around the base of the plants. I adjusted the air movers to lay flat on the ground to push more air around the base which is plenty of air now.

So I guess my questions is, was lack of circulating air causing this? No bugs in sight.

Attached Files:

2. can you pull that rapid rooter out without hurting the plant and replace that with a small section of sure to grow?

worth a shot if you start to see a super bad plant

3. It's rooted pretty well. Ive taken a few out already and the roots were attached pretty well. I've replaced those ones with new clones hopefully the roots from the old one won't be a problem, I'll find out. They were only in there for about a week ad a half. I figured it was worth a shot it's only 3 out of 42 but some more might have to go. I'm waiting to see if they recover.

Next time I'm gonna keep the rapid rooters elevated a bit over the STG. I can't believe they actually want you to pull out the square piece in the middle and replace with rapid rooter, it's way to low. I didn't even pull them out I set the rooters on top of them, from now on ill pull it up a little more for more elevation.

4. seems to me like "damping off"