QB288 V2 RSPEC & SLATE 2???

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Megadethcloud, Aug 2, 2019.

1. I plan on upgrading come the first of the year. Ive been looking at the
    QB288 V2 RSPEC & SLATE 2. How many of these would I need for a 4×2 tent? I'm looking for full on edge to edge coverage and dense,frosty fruit.

2. #2 Headhunterpipes, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    28 Watts per square foot .
    The 288 is max a 150 to 160 watt board.
    I have twelve 288 boards in operation but I also have some cree/cob Boards that have far red and photo red color spectrum .
    288 is a good board but The QB 96 has a better one led light color spectrum for budding .

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wow,those guys are tiny. How many would I need for my 4×2? Seems like it could get expensive with heatsinks depending how many.....plus driver.

4. Straight up Tboneshuffle is the expert on these .
    We Private message each other back and forth .
    Tbone Shuffle, Yesterday at 6:19 PM
    They aren't samsung diodes. They're lumiled. 96 leds can take up to 6000mA @54 volts. That's 325 watts. That's if you add a dedicated fan to the heatsink. Otherwise passively cooled the limit is about 200 watts.

Your 2x4 tent is 8 square feet
    8 square feet x 28 watts per foot is 224 watts .
    To answer your question yes one of those small lights will work for your 2x4 tent .

5. Need to put a fan and a dimmer switch in .
    they also have videos how to wire up all your stuff .
    You can also spec the light out with a 240 AC Volt Power supplier if you are worried about a atrain on your wall 110/120 wall socket .

6. Holy crap, that's insane. Would it have a good and even light distribution? I'm def gonna look into this. Thanks man

7. 2 of em', or maybe 3

8. 2-3 qb 96 v2 or a triple 288 is a nice fit

9. I think I'll definitely go with 2 for sure plus I've got some other good LED light. I think I'll put one on each side of my blackdog phytomax2-200.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I think I'll definitely go with 2 for sure plus I've got some other good LED light. I think I'll put one on each side of my blackdog phytomax2-200.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I think I'll definitely go with 2 for sure plus I've got some other good LED light. I think I'll put one on each side of my blackdog phytomax2-200.

12. What would be a good driver, I already have 2 other lights I can put in the middle of them. One is 210watts(at wall) the other is 276watts(at wall), either way I would necessarily need to run them at 200watts. Would I just go with a bigger driver and use a potientiometer style dimmer?

13. That'll work get a 320h 54a driver and you'll be good

14. The meanwell hlg-320h 54a has voltage and current adjustment built in. I can adjust mine from 4.5 watts on up to 340 watts. It's hands down the best choice for 2 qb 96v2

15. Also with the 320h 54a you could lose the other light and still have enough power for your space

16. I would also check out niemiled.com. they have well priced quantum boards that are comparable to hlg.

17. Now the 320h,does that require the 240 power supply? I was thinking of doing a separate driver for each light,just for mobility reasons.

18. Oh wow,that sounds like the ticket there. Can two of the qb96 v2's be ran off of that?

19. Yes its perfect for 2

20. 20190613_022933.jpg Qb 96v2 bud

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1