QB132 Questions

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Welshy311, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I just put 4 of these sets together for my grow. Yep, it takes a while to do but, shouldn't be too bad with just one to build.

I have pictures of what I ended up doing at my grow journal here: 3rd Indoor Grow - 3 Strains

Basically, you need some angled aluminum, screws, nuts and bolts, 18 gauge solid core copper wire, a length of extension cord and some hangers to mount it up.

Decide what shape of frame you'll make. I made mine 2 ft x 3 ft. Purchase your frame material and cut it to the sizes you need. Drill the holes where necessary in the frame pieces and use the screws, nuts, and bolts to connect them. Mount the QB132 boards to your frame the same way; drill the holes and connect the boards with the screws and nuts and bolts.

Connect your power cord to the driver. Take the female end off of your extension cord and connect the green, black and white wires to the power connection on the back, right side of the driver.

Cut 2 lengths of the 18 gauge solid core copper wire for each board to the length you'll need to be able to raise and lower your light, one for the + and one for the - connection. They're marked on the board connectors and on the driver where the other side till connect. These wires literally just push into the holes for them on the connector on each board. You'll feel it go in and set itself. Give a little tug and it shouldn't come out easily. You can connect the other ends to the driver, making sure to match up the + with the + and the - with the - wires. More than one of the wires can connect to the locations available on the back of the driver.

That's it. Mount the driver outside of the grow space if heat will be a problem, though they don't produce much heat. Otherwise, mount the driver above and out of the way of your water source as they are not waterproof drivers.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  2. I had the same doubts putting together my first QB lights. After I got started it was stupid simple and I always thought electricity was something magical. There are many in here that were very helpful to me and I can't thank them enough. Good luck, not doubt you'll be successful.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Waiting on my driver to come in (hopefully tomororw), so this weeks the big week. Pictures will be inbound!

4. Black on the right, white in the middle and green on the left.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Which kind of cable exactly? I'm trying to figure out whether I need shop for one or if I have one laying around lol

6. I purchased a standard electrical extension cord and just lopped off the female end to expose the 3 wires and then removed about a centimeter of the sheath on each to expose the bare wires.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Outstanding! Great job on those lights, Welshy. And you didn't even shock yourself in the process. :smoking:

Your plants are going to LOVE it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hey I’m ordering this driver for my 4 qb132s. Should I wire them in parallel or series?