Qb120 height for seedlings

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Zanc420, Nov 7, 2019.

1. those of you who are running HLG qb120s; how high are you running them over seedlings?

Thanks,

2. mine is not hlg, 120w I have it at 24 inch

3. Depends on if you’re running full power or dimmed. Easiest way is to get a light meter or you can even get the cell phone app to measure lumens.

Sprouts -seedlings I aim for 14-17k lumens of my QB. So adjust height or power to hit those lumens. If you want squat plants aim for 17k if you want a little stretch aim for 14k or less depending on what I want. Also these numbers are guidelines and depend on your strain as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks! Downloading the app for reading lumens now! Thanks a bunch!

5. Just a warning. I use light and par meters and have never used the phone app. So I can’t vouch for the accuracy.

6. I don’t think the apps work all that well... I just tried like 5 of them on my iPhone 8 and they only seem to be somewhat accurate when using the back camera... the front camera shaved off 10000 lumens for some reason lmao...

But I got anywhere from 14k-20k when reading the exact same spot....

They aren’t stretching and they aren’t burning so I reckon they are ok where they are at?

7. Yup should be fine. I had my doubts about the app but other people on GC have reported similar values so I assumed it relatively safe.

8. I wish someone would do a quick comparison with a lux meter and a phone app to see how accurate the app is

9. I just tried it. The problem I’m getting is similar to what Zanc420 got. Every reading at the same spot gives a different value. The difference from my light meter is anywhere from 22k to 500 lumens

• Like Like x 1
  10. My front camera would be easier to use but it’s always 10k lower lol.

I’m going to buy a cheap one off amazon and just use that. I don’t trust my phone enough to be a tool of any sort of measurement lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1