QB - Series wiring 3 boards on 320 kit

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by LoneGardener, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Hey!

So my kit just arrived and i've got 3 boards to wire up to the one driver...

I'm good with the ac side, already got fitting on and plug connected, check!

So from the driver, to clips, red to positive on board number one, black to neg on board number 2, now does it matter which way the current flows thru the third board or does it just have to complete the circuit?

A pic or diagram, if handy could help!

Cheers guys!

2. What driver did you get? Constant current or constant voltage?

3. TBH I don't know

Its the HLG-320H-C1750A .....

can take pic

4. this one

Attached Files:

5. Sorry shoulda given more info

heres what i got...

Includes
    • 3x QB288 V2 Boards made by Samsung with 301B LED
    • 1x Slate 2 Triple Predrilled 891mm Heatsink
    • Meanwell HLG-320H LED Driver. 93.5% Driver Efficiency. Boards should be wired in series with the driver for maximum output
    • 6FT Nema 5-15P 16/3 SJTW NA Power Cord or equivalent for standard 120VAC with cable connector
    • 2ft solid core Wire, 2x Wago Connectors for DC wiring
    • Hanger Clips

6. That’s a constant current driver so you’ll wire in series. The brown wire from driver is the hot wire (red), the blue wire is neutral (white), and the grn/ylw wire is ground

Take the hot lead from brown wire on output side of driver and insert into + of first board, then take a wire from the - lead on same board to + lead on next board, repeat for third board, and take a white wire from - of last board to the blue wire on output side of driver

• Like Like x 1
  7. thanks!

I think I got it. stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Awesome. I wanna see pics of your face when you turn it on, lol!!

9. Haha!

Too late! It was priceless i'm sure!

I love the nice even light spread.

Plus, its a little warm which is good, little extra heat during the day and my oil heater wont have to run during the day. Only at night to hold the temp at 70.

10. Thanks again for all your help and guidance with this and my grows. I really appreciate all you guys with experience helping us newbies!

• Like Like x 1
  11. When you get dialed in, just pay it forward man. I’m glad I could help!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Will do!

• Like Like x 2
  13. quick question....

I'm looking to take the most advantage of the extra heat coming off the heat sink and light.

Is it OK to have a fan blowing over the top of it to help circulate the heat?

I'm assuming it is as it will help to cool it, albeit slightly.

i just want to make sure i'm not gonna fuck it up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. That’s what a lot of guys do, and it will extend its life

Soil2Coco’s Rootbound Multifeed 3 strain SOG

Mars Hydro Pro II 160 light review and Soil2Coco’s first Auto grow

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

15. Awesome!

if one is good, 2 must be better. I have 2 small 6" fans in there, may as well have one fan on each side

I did notice that in the just under an hour that it was on before lights out that the extra heat from the light helped to bring my humidity down 10% from 65 to 55, same as outside room. that was a happy benefit!

thanks again!

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey new to the site jest ordered same kit what do u thank about it so far now that it's not new any pics of plants flowering would be sweet. Thanks