Qatars World Cup Slaves

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Sep 26, 2013.

1. As many of you may be aware Qatar is due to stage the football (soccer) World Cup in 2022. What you may not be aware of is the horrific conditions that workers from third world countries who have spewed into the country to get work on the various stadiums, hotels, roads, etc etc that are being built are having to endure.

Qatar is ruled by the House of Thani who make the likes of Assad look like a choirboy. They rule with an iron fist and dissent is ruthlessly crushed. The House of Thani are big chums of the US government also.

It has been estimated that 4,000 workers will die if conditions continue as they are...

The conditions that the workers have had to and continue to endure have been described by Ant-Slavery International as...

The abuses workers are enduring...

•Evidence of forced labour on a huge World Cup infrastructure project.
    • Some Nepalese men have alleged that they have not been paid for months and have had their salaries retained to stop them running away.
    • Some workers on other sites say employers routinely confiscate passports and refuse to issue ID cards, in effect reducing them to the status of illegal aliens.
    • Some labourers say they have been denied access to free drinking water in the desert heat.
    • About 30 Nepalese sought refuge at their embassy in Doha to escape the brutal conditions of their employment.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/25/revealed-qatars-world-cup-slaves
    http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/sep/25/qatar-nepalese-workers-poverty-camps

• Like Like x 2
  2. THIS IS FUCKED!! Fresh bake so I'm really seeing how fucked this is. How absolutely horrible that FIFA would allow this to happen??! Do you think Sepp Blatter and his corrupt FIFA board gave this a thought?? I don't! He doesn't give a Fuck about how a world cup happens or about football!

I think that the leadership and government models that these types of countries have, Qatar, Syria, Kuwait etc. Of a "royal" family who runs the entire show with cruelty and no thought for his people is an ancient model long forgotten by the countries which have moved on from such rulers, England, France, Bavaria etc. It needs to change, equal rights for women, gays or whatever the fuck you are. You're a human and these countries like Qatar need to start seeing that!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Where are all the boycotts and solidarity campaigns?

4. #5 jay-bird, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    This is exactly why I don't like or support a lot of bullshit like "the world cup" or "the olympics" or a lot of other htings because it's all disgusting and based off of keeping the people stupid kepping them dependent

• Like Like x 1
  5. Confrom to the statues quo, and accept the dick with no lube going in deeper and deeper harder and harder, till you are bleeding from the asshole.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #7 Rotties4Ever, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    . delete post.