Q to creationists

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Little Wing, May 30, 2003.

1. wow........

so i have modified what i think faith is quite a bit since then......

but not really that much....

by that point it had long been a faith in not anything/being but in life ...and the way things seem to find a way of working out.....

i still have faith....

faith that shit will be just fine in the end ....regardless....

and faith that whatever it is i am doing...is exactly what i should be up to;):smoke:

i think my understandings have evolved quite a bit over the years tho.....even tho they remain similar at their core

2. this is because people, even creationists, cant truly understand what "all knowing" really means.

lets ponder for a moment, that god did exist.

if god truly knew every single thing knowable, he would be in a state of perpetual infinity, not thinking, not learning, just being.

the bible actualy sais it "i am who am"

will would be a thing of the past for this being, this being would neither be happy nor sad.

if god existed, he would probly be more similar to bhudda. a being who has reached enlightnement.

if god even "wants" at all, which he probly doesnt, then the only thing he would want is for other people to be enlightened like him.

god wouldnt create something like hell. if he were infinitly wise, he would come up with more creative alternatives.

also, just as parents love their children and wouldnt put them in timeout for eternity (i hope, i know i wouldnt) god understands that humans are just children. if god created us, that makes us his children. hell should be out of the question.

but even this is far off, because i too cannot comprehend infinity.

3. we each create our own hell.......:eek:;):smoke:

and this is where you suffer in it.....right here....
    this physical world is hell....if you let it be

4. yup. happieness doesnt come from faith, or security in ones beliefs.

it comes from within. the happieness/sadness come from which possitive and negative thoughts we chose to dwell upon:smoke:

5. even the jesus guy tried to tell them it is all inside...heaven and hell are both in you...you pick which manifests;):smoke:

6. in the beginning there was only darkness. this darkness was pure negativity. after enough of this negativity amassed itself, a freak of nature occured. the first positive was created out of negativity. this positive is primal light. just like the negative is the primal dark. this is the big bang occuring. now, eventually consciousness was created. the dark and the light became aware.

so everything is an emanation of light and dark (including you). i do not deny science because it has shown me time and time again answers to my questions and i do not deny spiritualism because i have personal experience in the matter :)

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gI9qXXRDgI]YouTube - ‪Who Was Behind The Big Bang?‬‏[/ame]

8. #28 jas43, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    i LOL pretty hard when people vigilantly defend their god of choice with nothing at all to back it up.

just claiming that 'God is eternal and always has been' doesnt equate to much... if anything.
    its a shallow religious opinion, not fact.

EDIT: my question for christian creationist is... what makes your creation myth more valid than any other belief systems creation myth?
    and no, biblical inerrancy doesn't count as an answer. because that argument answers nothing.

9. Think of God as information of data. Formless. Basically can't be explained in words. Also, probably can't be experienced. You found Jesus. Good job. Where was he hiding?