Q. to a Rastaman

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by mason765, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I know Rastamen believe hair represents strength in people; but im curious how a Rastaman see's a Buddhist, who see hair as an Earthly attachment and shave their heads bald, any Rastas around?

2. The bible says we should not remove any locks on our heads or face, but buddhists are not christians so there is no correlation. I wear no locks on my head, but i n i dread :devious:, got to live in the present world, but babylon prejudices my dreadhead brethren so i keep myself low cut. If buddhists believe removing their hair makes them more holy, allow them to do so, but most religions are the opposite i.e. islam, christianity, and hindu (sadhus).

3. I find it funny how the bible tells us how we should keep our hair. What a fucking joke!!

If you decide you look better with a shaved head, then you are disobeying the bible, and thus disobeying GOD!! OH NO!

4. "I got no locks, but I still dread"

unknown rasta

5. Not every Dread is a Rasta, and not every Rasta is a Dread... it's not the lock pon ya head that mek ya Rastamon, but the love inna ya heart!!! <3

If Buddhists see hair as an "Earthly attachment"... um... wouldn't the blade with which they use to shave their heads, also come from Earth? :confused_2:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TUFdp3Vzbg[/ame]

:bongin:

6. #6 mason765, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    Thank You For Sharing Your Thoughts With Me;
    Jah Bless,
    But I Think They Would See It As A Tool Rather Than Something They Were Attached too, Im not Sure If Theres A Difference..

7. #7 Grimm420, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    i hope u were just too high

Other things that are also sins/abominations according to the Bible:

- Eating shellfish
    - Wearing clothes made of more than one fabric
    - Getting raped (this only goes for the ladies, but you can smooth things over by marrying your rapist, so…)
    - Trimming your beard or sideburns
    - Getting remarried
    - Planting more than one crop in a field
    - Having a wet dream
    - Eating rare meat
    - Touching a dead animal
    - Menstruating and/or earning your “red wings”
    - Getting a tattoo

8. Most of those only apply to the jewish law. And anyways Jesus said the 1 rule is One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself, so none of those listed would apply as a christian, I cant speak on behalf of the Jewish or Rasta though as I'm pretty sure they have to follow the list above.

9. Don't forget charging interest, which kind of means a lot of jews go to hell, thanks to the banks and lending companies/landowners....:confused: (i'm not antisemitic, just stating the facts).

10. That song isn't really about baldheads :rolleyes:, i know you know this :p but for the ill informed. It's a song about white prejudice and the downpressors in jamaica, and abroad, who force those living in poverty or dire circumstances into exploitation, whether that be through economic injustice, resource hoarding, or any other form of oppression,

11. It's like black and white, up and down, left and right.
    It is a sign of dedication to their Truth, the same Truth.
    They're just both approaching it from a different direction.

Rasta's don't cut it, as a sign of dedication and belief in creation.
    Buddhists "goals" are to remove any attachment to feel no pain or suffering, and they use this method of being bald so that the way towards realization becomes easier.
    No vanity for one, so no hair. etc.

So, different groups, different "ideals", but they do have something in common, dont you think? ;)

12. #12 komatous, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
    The dreads are really just a suffering you take upon yourself to separate yourself from the babylon system.

Rastafari and Buddhism is very simliar due to the fact that Rastas free themself from vanity and bad spirits, this can be seen in buddism in the eight fold path aswell.

Rastafari is tainted by the whitemans bible a bit, an original rasta or should i say true rasta gets his teachings from his heart, cause thats where he believes god resides, they dont believe in trusting anything physical other then the feeling of jah which is within.

The rasta also uses ganja to assist him in connecting with god, altering his perception so his not fooled by the devils illusion and his mind burns a righteous fire.

I hope this helps, there is alot of fong kong rastas out there who just create identities for themself for what ever emotional reason. But remember at the heart of rasta there is no emotion, there is no physical desire the same as buddhist the only thing is a burning desire for righteousness which is untainted by man and only blessed by god.

I hope this helps.

p.s on a last note ive studied this way for some time, and its actually very simliar to the exodus stories, where the jew were surpessed by the egyptians as the poor man is suppressed by the babylon system, its a liberation from suffering, to liberate yourself from the babylon system this pattern i see in buddism as well, but obviously culture differences make sublte change to the method of thinking.

13. Bobo Hill is referred to as Egypt Jamaica. While it is a heritage site an a sanctuary city it is still within the borders of a land where the black man was taken away to against his will just as the Jew was taken from their homeland into Egypt... and just as the Jews built Egyptian cities, Rastaman ah build up Bobo Hill. In other words, good observation.

As far as the topic of the thread, I don't deal with what the Buddhist do, has nothing to do with me.