Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Q bout living/working in the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kyussnstuff, Sep 4, 2011.

1. #1 Kyussnstuff, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    thankyou for the responses, but I am not trying to open a coffeeshop. I am hopng to open a cafe that would ALLOW smoking of shisha and weed, provide a good chill place for smokersto get high and relax and to provide good food. Not to open an establishment that sells cannabis

So I've decided. I'm going to save money for a year or two, move to the Netherlandss (Amsterdam or Rotterdam) and ATTEMP to open a hash cafe (not coffeeshop, cafe that would cater to smokers an would slow cannabis and shosha smoking) but I had a few questions

1) I have British passport, this means I can reside anywere in Europe does it?

2) what are housin prices like I. The Netherlands (Amsterdam)?

3) is learning Dutch nessesary? I would try and learn a little dutch but learning whole new language is not all that easy

4) if I was to open a cafe that would slow cannabis smoking, would I need a license to slow people to smoke weed in my cafe?

Thanks guys

2. Slow cannabis smoking! sounds fun :) I guess you mean allow.

not wising to piss on your plans but opening a coffe shop in Holland now is pretty much a pipe dream, even for Dutch nationals so for a british citizen I would bet on impossible, I guess unless you have a HUGE wad of cash so you can make an existing licence holder an offer they cant refuse, and tbh I'm not sure if licenses are transferable.

youve needed a licence since 95 and very very very few licenses have been issued since, or even changed hands. Coffee shops are on the decline in holland, your best bet is to try to work in one and even that is considered a impossible task these days.

3. Contrary to popular belief,things aren't as liberal here and are getting less so.
    The combination cafe/coffeeshop is out from the start,alcohol and cannabis are not allowed to mix.
    Having said that,you wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a new 'permit' anyway.
    As to learning Dutch,how would you advise me if i moved to let's say the States,learn english or not?;)
    House prices aren't bad ATM,the market is slow at best.

And being a bit biased,Rotterdam is of course way better than the other one.:D

4. cant really offer any advice but good luck.
    oh and learning the language is essential.you have a year or 2 you claim,so get studying.

5. Yh man I was thinking a regular cafe, no alcho, and nice do you live in rotterdM? I wasthinking ofthat because as you know, Amsterdam is full of tourists.
    Do you like the band 10CC? I have a large collection of old records, my dad brought me two 10CC records, there sooo awsome.

Thanks

6. Again ,no chance i'm afraid.
    You're not even allowed to smoke normal cigarettes(tobacco) in cafes anymore,weed is right out.
    So it's either a coffeeshop without any alcohol or a cafe without any smoking.
    The coffeeshop just isn't gonna happen and even for the cafe i'd consider it extremely unlikely you'd be able to make that happen without the proper connections etc..
    I do indeed hail from Rotjeknor(as Rotterdam is affectionately known here sometimes),as you of course know(;)) cities are rated in importance in their callprefix.
    Rotterdam has 010-,Amsterdam has to do with 020-...enough said.:D
    I like 10cc,but not sure of the connection here?
    In many ways The Netherlands is still more down to earth about a lot of things,but lately even the Dutch have shown to sadly be part of the 'normal' human race by voting for a party,which has little to say and lots to shout(all bad)and things don't seem to be getting any better.:(
    Having said all that,i still would't want to move from my beloved little country.:smoke: