Pyrethrum bomb during flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FunkDoobiest215, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Has anyone ever ran a pyrethrum fogger in mid flower?
    I had hairs turn and burn on me.
    Colas stayed strong but lowers were most effected.

2. Just nod if you can hear me...

3. are you talking about using a pyrethrum bomb in your grow room? If so i would not advise you to do so, i know pyrethrum is a natural chemical but it will likely ruin your bud. There is really no way your bud or growroom will go unaffected. It will get all over your reflective material if you are using any and all over the bud.

4. Ya I'm not especially concerned about the reflective material. I know it is commonly ran in rooms during veg.

5. That guy has no clue what he's talkin about. Pyrethrum breaks down completely in just a few hours and has no effect on reflective material at all. But if used in too small of a space it will be phyto toxic and kill shit. But further I dont suggest you use them unless you're having an infestation late in flowering up to week 6 and as a last resort this is because using them causes generations of new mites that are immune to it plus when mites smell it in the air they frantically lay eggs because they know they're about to die

6. I ran it in week 4 and it seemed to burn the hairs on smaller nugs. Very large area. 24x24 lights were off for 4 hours is that not long enough?

7. Had you watered it before you dropped the bomb also putting it on top of your hood is a plus if any liquid sprays on the plant it'll burn. Also check the size of bomb the small one is for up to 3000cu ft but works best in 2000cu ft or less. Dr doom bombs can be set off in small apps too it's not as high quality

8. Did u bomb with the lights on? That's prolly where u got the burn from. Also the 2oz. bombs do like 3000sq. Ft. So I'd say u used way too much ! Get x- clude 1600 or doctor doom so u can spot spray every plant that way your guaranteed to get tops and bottoms of plant.

9. Lights were off for 4 hours after bomb started.
    I hadnt watered yet.
    12 foot ceiling
    25x25
    I know people locally running these have smaller rooms than me.
    Just checked up on them again and it seems the azamax I sprayed and fed with is working very well!

10. What other reasons do the hairs burn?
    The plants look great otherwise.

11. I used azamax by itself with great results at first but they always came back in a week or two. Now I use a combo of mite-rid and hot shot pest strips. I monitor under microscope and after just one spray of mite-rid I had found only two living slow moving adults everything else was dead and saw no eggs at all after spray two 8 days later I'm clean as a whistle goin on 3 weeks no mites and the soil gnats dying too from the pest strip is a plus. I used everything I could find with no sure results til now

12. Whenever treating for mites u need to spray every 3-5 days for atleast three applications. U need to kill eggs, larvae, and adults. They reproduce about every 10 days. That's prolly y they were coming back. If u only spray once they won't be exterminated.

13. Eggs hatch 3-5 days and become egg laying adults in 9 using systemic steroids like azamax and mite-rid it is in the plant and stays for about 7-14 days as soon as eggs hatch they bite and are affected and never reproduce the reason azamax doesn't work as well is the low concentration of azadarachtin(sp?) mite rid is like 90% azo plus other botanicals like garlic and eucalyptus and that kills on contact. Azamax is only good early in veg and on small infestations or as a preventative measure before they even show up.