PVC Frame for grow room

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roots3003, May 20, 2011.

1. I'm about to try to make one. Any suggestions or advice for or against this type of setup? Seems easier than framing with wood, and it seems like it should be able to hold the weight of some mylar as walls and lights from the top. Any input is appreciated.

2. I had actually planned on doing the same thing for my next grow box/tent. I plan on using a PVC frame (probably 1/2") and thick Panda Film to cover it. Should be pretty simple, actually. For the top I would make a sort of # symbol out of the PVC (which shouldn't be hard) and maybe even have another vertical pipe on the sides for support (though it probably isn't needed)
    I say go for it!

3. I think it should be simple too. I'm going to start right now, using 3/4. The only problem I see is that I am going to have to order the 4 and 5 way connectors online.

4. extra side support is a good idea.. the pvc will bend with the all the weight from the lights and shit. I made a box,then i put cross bars on all sides
    for support.cuz at first i just made the frame with out them it was hella weak till I put the extra support