PVC bong, really NICE!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Mekill60, Sep 25, 2009.

1. #1 Mekill60, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
    I've made this bong, and it's fairly easy, cheap, and extremely durable.

EDIT: Smoking from this is completely safe, just as long as your downpipe isn't made from PVC. If you do use a PVC downpipe, STOP!!! The heat put on the PVC can and will release toxic chemicals, kind of like smoking burning plastic. This idea is completely safe as long as the downpipe is glass or stainless steel.

I found this on a website: "There are a couple of things you should NOT use to construct the chamber of your bong. First, do not use PVC pipe. Although it might be safe to use PVC for the chamber portion of the bong, do not under any circumstances use it for the stem or the bowl portion. If PVC is subjected to flame then it can release toxic chemicals which you will then inhale."

What you'll need:
    1' to 1' 1/2" length of 1.5" diameter PVC pipe

1.5" to 3" reducer (https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(twdnxf45oqvtkqvbum2sm5yw)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=42611)

About 4" of 3" diameter PVC pipe.

3" cap (https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(twdnxf45oqvtkqvbum2sm5yw)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=998011409)

Primer and glue for PVC, rubber cement may work.

Sand Paper (Any size should be just fine)

Downpipe, with matching drillbit, and a bowl.

Hacksaw

(OPTIONAL)
    1.5" diameter brass washer (Only required if you want an ice catch)

Directions:
    1.) Cut your 1.5" diameter PVC tubing down to size. It should be around 1' to 1.5', this will be your mouthpiece. Sand the part that you'll be using on your lips.

2.) Decide whether or not you want ice in this. If you do, place a brass 1.5" washer on top of the reducer, and put your primer on both male and female ends of the PVC. Put glue on both male and female parts and put them together.

3.) Go ahead and put primer and glue onto the 3" pipe, and put that inside of the other end of the reducer. Give it 24 hours to dry.

4.) Take a drillbit, and on the outside of the reducer, drill a hole in the 'slanted' part, that's where you will put a downpipe.

5.) Position your downpipe how you want, and make sure it's really sturdy.

6.) Proceed to put primer on the 3" pipe, and cap. Make sure that as none of the 3" pipe is showing, if it is, cut it off. Glue those together and let it sit out for 24 hours.

7.) Make sure after drying that there aren't any heavy fumes coming from the pipe, that could be very hazardous. Blow it out with a hairdryer on COLD for a few minutes if it is fuming.

I really enjoy mine, and it's definitely worth the time you put into it. Especially because mine has an icecatch, and hits very smooth and hard. This thing is virtually indestructable, and takes a nice paint job.

http://s455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Mekill60/?action=view&current=r.jpg

2. a picture would be cool cuz being as high a i am right now, i have no idea how to read directions.

3. Dude NO...that shit is going to kill you

4. Don't smoke out of PVC. The fumes PVC releases will fuck you.

5. Someone wanna rename this thread to "Fastest way to acquire lung cancer"?

Seriously bro, don't smoke out of PVC. For any reason. Ever.

6. PVC WILL FUCKING KILL YOU DISCONTINUE IT'S USE.

That is all.

7. sticky this? Tutorial

8. hes trying to kill you all! as well as himself.

9. pvc? wtf . how would you not know its not safe? like really

10. lol lets let him alone :p he realises that its bad by now either that or hes dead :p and gonna be on the news as BONG KILLED PERSON , lol but yeah if you want a bong buy one if you want to make a ghetto one either make a waterfall , or gra>ity :] or make one out of like wood lol but bongs are in all wallet ranges and start at like 10$ if you find a good lil one , if your too young just get one of your friends bros or something like that to get it for you :D wow im faded :p

11. I love what an oxymoron the title of this thread is :)

12. In some cases, burning plastic can release toxic fumes. Burning the plastic polyvinyl chloride (PVC) may create dioxin.
    Polychlorinated dibenzodioxins (PCDDs), or simply dioxins, are a group of polyhalogenated compounds which are significant because they act as environmental pollutants. They are commonly referred to as dioxins for simplicity in scientific publications because every PCDD molecule contains a dioxin skeletal structure. Typically, the p-dioxin skeleton is at the core of a PCDD molecule, giving the molecule a dibenzo-p-dioxin ring system. Members of the PCDD family have been shown to bioaccumulate in humans and wildlife due to their lipophilic properties, and are known teratogens, mutagens, and suspected human carcinogens. They are organic compounds.
    Dioxins occur as by-products in the manufacture of organochlorides, in the incineration of chlorine-containing substances such as PVC (polyvinyl chloride), in the bleaching of paper, and from natural sources such as volcanoes and forest fires.[1] There have been many incidents of dioxin pollution resulting from industrial emissions and accidents; the earliest such incidents were in the mid 18th century during the Industrial Revolution.[2]
    The word "dioxins" may also refer to a similar but unrelated compound, the polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDFs) of like environmental importance.

Google is your friend, as well as wiki