Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Putting weed in a closet to produce more keif?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tjeezy18, Jan 9, 2010.

1. My friend bought 1/4 of some kush and his dealer told him that if he puts it in a bag and then in a shoe box and put it in his closet for about 1 day or 2 that it will be loaded with kief and be even more dank!

I never heard of that but the dealer said he did it before and his bud was just loaded with kief. Will that really work?

2. Well NO it wont make more kif.

BUT

Is the weed wet or moist? Maybe he just told him that so it dries out and smokes better. :confused:

3. Putting it in the closet won't make it magically produce more crystals. It seems like he is talking about curing the buds which is pretty much leaving it in a jar after it is removed from the plant so that it can use all of the energy left in it to produce trichs.

4. What??
    Trichomes are produced and mature during the flowering process, and looking at them with a jewelers loupe is how to determine when they are ready to chop. Drying and curing is needed to make it smokable and to give it effect, you wouldnt get very high off off wet buds even if it did burn. Just dry it out a little in a pill bottle or just let it sit in the open for a few hours. If you want to continue to cure it properly then store it ina a clean glass mason jar.

5. Shit I need to not give advice high. You're right and I honestly have no idea why I thought curing produced trichs.

6. You can't cure buds in a baggie. It needs to be airtight. Like a mason jar.

7. It could be drying it out. Dry weed makes more keif.