Putting two different watt lights in one box?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by trippy-tabs, Jul 26, 2019.

1. What's up everyone, I have a 600W mixed spectrum LED in a 2x2x4 grow box and 5 plants. The girls on in the corners are stretching a bit, my white widow is stretching big time but the rest are still fairly low.

I have an extra 150W vegetative/flowering LED, do you think I could put them in the same box to try to get more light to them?so, if the 150 wattage one is lower than the the 600, will the 150 be more likely to overheat/would it cause unnecessary shadows?

Hoping to get an HPS soon but I have quite a ways to drive for it so it will be a few days. With the white widow, I can just pin her down and do a spiral like I am with the bigger one but *sigh* I'm stressed and a bit worried about how they will grow. Should I attempt to make a hood for it and attempt to direct the light down?
    Pics in order.. 1 oldest (unknown strain), 2 White Widow, 3 4 and 5 are Cinderella 99

The Cinderella had experienced some nutrient lock out or something so, the smallest one does look messed up but since she is in proper soil now, she will perk right up. IMG_20190726_104037109.jpg IMG_20190726_104045784.jpg IMG_20190726_104052204.jpg IMG_20190726_104049441.jpg IMG_20190726_104041567.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Due to your wording...I guess I am a bit confused.....but what I THINK you are asking is.......can you put two different watt LED's in the same grow room? If that is your question then yes, absolutely you can....considering you have enough room to hang it...and are confident it won't affect your temps or humidity too terribly. If you aren't sure how it will affect other conditions.....hang it and give it a try. Just my take on things. Happy growing

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry about that, I was a bit flustered. Lots going in, but yes that's what I was asking. Thank you. Do you think the extra boost of light will straighten the girls? Also, how does the fim look to you?

I'm still fairly new to doing the techniques and due to the space and age disparity I'm trying to do a spiral type of grow until the little ones catch up so I can attempt to SCROG them, I'm not even sure it will work out lol completely new to box grows in general

4. Let's try that for a while lol. The second light runs way hotter than the other so I had to take the temp down a couple degrees. The fan is blowing directly on the lights, so it should be good IMG_20190726_133252500.jpg IMG_20190726_133257847.jpg

5. Damn bro, are you trying to grow or cook them girls? Most lights need to be at least 12 inch up from canopy. Read the user's manual.

6. They’re in big pots should’ve kept em in smaller pots til they really need the transplant

7. Raise your lights your going to stunt the growth

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I personally don't think this to be true....I start my seeds off in their final pots, with no problems that I have noticed.

9. #10 trippy-tabs, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    In bigger pots do make them grow slowly but I didn't have a choice, they were having lockout or a deficiencies.
    It is a 2x2x4 and they've been about that close the whole time without a problem, fast growth as well.

10. They're only that close to keep them from stretching, didn't work on the white widow but still. The biggest one has been nice and tight because of how close/strong the light is. (It was originally higher but when I put the small ones in, I realized I done goofed. So I'm doing what I can) All in all though, there haven't been any problems caused by the lights, just the super shit starter soil.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You should check your manufacturer specs on how high to place your lights it may have not lit up the whole tent because you have them so close

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 trippy-tabs, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    That makes sense I'll look up the manual. Thanks
    Question though, it's a 600W led (it's even spectrum between blue and red) it won't stretch them out when I raise it?

Just raised it, bar came off the top and severed some of the biggest ones leaf tips. It's about a foot or so away now and it doesn't look like it made it any better.

13. I have a 2x2x4 with a mars hydro 300 og model and It lights up the whole 2x2

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG] I used to have my light lower didn’t do any good if the plants get too tall supercrop them if it’s your only tent Scrog net it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Also how often do you water make sure your not under nor overwatering

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ahh nice, well there's a huge problem. Somehow the biggest girl is flowering on a 23 hour light schedule. How is this possible? I don't think the seed came from an auto because it stayed veg the whole summer when I was helping maintain her.

I water ABOUT every three days for the smaller ones since the roots haven't gotten big enough to hold onto the water. The big one about 3 or 4 days depending on how the soil is.