Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dank's House of Edible Infusions

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by The Dankmeister, Dec 12, 2018.

1. lemon poppy seed muffins!
    (made with butter sludge)
    59B6F470-8BA0-49F7-8273-2B7F55DBCBDA.jpeg

sludge:
    3ADA94F0-4FB0-448A-91FC-34C6EB539342.jpeg
    batter:
    1D03A2BB-AAE5-44BA-8BAF-174C2C922731.jpeg
    post-bake, pre-seal:
    CDDB1E82-9673-4B9A-B48C-999630BF840B.jpeg

these come in at a rough dose of 45mg each, and the taste turned out great on them.
    :bolt:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yum! Haven’t had a lemon poppyseed muffin in a while. Not as good as yours, but just ordered a Betty Crocker mix to bake this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I made four dozen cookies in preparation of the
    :love-m3j: holidaze :love-mj2:
    figured I’d post up a couple pics.

93A3EDA8-3044-453E-B79B-2B5F8985A155.jpeg 9F1C1428-B08C-47A2-AD6C-63EFCFA14130.jpeg 7365BBB6-0469-4FA7-B8EA-D2136BA23126.jpeg
    1)mashed butter 2)butterscotch and M&M 3)snickerdoodle
    these cookies are dosed at 125-155mg each. they are strong little f*ckers!
    half of these are going to patients and half are for my friends and I this weekend.

I have more baking to do tomorrow on 20th’s Eve. not sure what all I will do...

:) made me happy to read that.

stay medicated

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have a question. I thought the MBM decarb for you? I am seeing you decarb first so now I'm confused.

Sent with my mangled wad of paper, string, and plasticy bits....

• Like Like x 1
  5. #25 AnOldUR, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    I thought the same thing when I bought my MBM. Read it on the internet, so it must be true, right? Turns out not. Even the directions now tell you to decarb. I use the 240dgrs/40min recommendation found here.

Didn’t decarb my first MBM tincture. 4 hours @ 135dgrs. Results didn’t cut it. Next batch with everything the same except for adding the decarb was great.

I’ve got a batch of cana-coconut oil to use in tomorrow’s lemon poppyseed muffins. 5/8 oz decarbed Blue Dream in two cup of oil. Can’t wait. The brownies made with the same oil are the perfect medicine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Are you baking for a dispensary or something? Were you a baker before you started baking with cannabis?
    I'm kind of amazed at all the stuff you make!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. #27 The Dankmeister, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    hello! as @AnOldUR said, the recipe book itself calls for decarbed tree to go into the machine. when I use it, I only set the machine to 160°F which is not as hot as we want to decarb herb!! the recommended 240° for 40 mins is my go-to oven setting :thumbsup:

well first off, thank you :rolleyes:
    I don't bake for a dispensary (as of yet!). I am a caregiver to several patients, and also make a lot for my own use. whatever is left goes to friends and family. I have been experimenting in the kitchen since I was a little kid, and I always had a soft spot for baking. I haven't ever done it in a classic bakery setting though...

I'll go ahead and add a couple pictures of some chocolate chunk and butterscotch cookies I made yesterday:
    choc chunk (MJ).JPG butterscotch (MJ).JPG bagged (MJ).jpg
    rough 130mg per cookie

• Like Like x 2
  8. :wave::love-mj2:
    today:
    muffins, cookies, and my first go at ice cream!
    I was cramming before tomorrow since I’m getting some dental work done and won’t be able to bake for a couple days.

chocolate chunk muffins ~69mg each
    D00C3BC9-D584-4380-BCD8-33D4903B887E.jpeg

M&M cookies ~140mg each
    06B83DE6-2DF1-4455-96C8-D0BCB4860729.jpeg

my (whipped) cream:
    6EF43AA3-E602-404B-A429-A464ED5D7424.jpeg

finished batch of vanilla (before the set-freeze):
    6A9E436A-F13C-4BC7-A48E-E0098884C69B.jpeg
    the ice cream probably won’t reach its final consistency until tomorrow. it will be my main mode of medication while recovering from my dental work. I’ve had one bowl so far and can tell that it’s strong as hell... and next time I’m going to add the butter into the mix earlier so it can have more time to be whipped in a bit more evenly.

bonus pics
    butter-oil & dough
    C83A60A2-6385-4693-B14E-CD2094ACC06C.jpeg 499E0E17-495B-4692-8D8E-ED26A0CB77F5.jpeg

please, please stay lifted

• Like Like x 3
  9. If love to have a walk through on the ice cream. I would like to try and make it

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Read you thread and I got to ask is there a way to eliminate the cannabis taste?

I use herb and coconut oil, and even diluting or water curing still tastes to much for me. I don't know why my dad being a non consumer said he cant taste it when I make banana bread, but for me it's still a bit to strong

• Like Like x 1
  11. I hate the taste. That's why I make canna capsules now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ya that'd be perfect.... but don't grow anymore nor have a hash connection.

Man ever since I made a pudding pie and left the bud in chocolate has never tasted the same. To big a bit and I gag on the taste.

• Like Like x 2
  13. So this is why you want a mixer!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

14. Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Like Like x 1
  15. ^ capsules are a great method for avoiding the hashy, weedy taste that some of us can't stand. but like you said, Reod, often times a good hash connection or access to a lot of dry material is key to making the capsules worthwhile unless you have a lot of time on your hands or a low tolerance (my biased opinion!).

my stuff usually tastes pretty strong of herb, but continuing to strain my cooking oil of the plant material has helped many people's stomachs (and probably tongues too!). most of my patients and guinea pigs tell me that they can taste the weed pretty clearly... but that what I've baked it into tastes so good that the flavor is balanced out. so after realizing that, now I usually try and combat that weed taste simply with high quality recipes and ingredients. certain things naturally cover the flavor up more than others: chocolate brownies can hide some strong flavor, while it comes straight through in my ice cream...

THC distillate is the best option I've found for dosing edibles without having to worry about any sort of flavor adjustments. distillate is an extract that leaves behind nearly all of the terpenes from the material and gives you a very high purity THC/cannabinoid product (usually resembling honey). this distillate is odorless and flavorless-- perfect for use in the kitchen. I still do a quick medium-heat infusion with my cooking oil just to get that THC bound to some larger molecules so you're giving your liver more of a chance to make the most of what you're eating... though a lot of people simply mix it into their finished dough or batter or whatever they're working with then finish the recipe out and call it good!

"Since the THC in distillate has already been activated, it can use it orally by putting a pea size drop under your tongue. Or you can add distillate by mixing it into cooking oil or butter and then infusing the butter into your favorite recipe. Note the weight in mg of the distillate used and divide that amount into the number of portions. This way, there will be no surprises and each portion will have a uniform amount of THC," (source).

you got it, Heavn!! I am going to attach a video from one of my favorite stoners on YouTube!
    Diamond Delight Edibles has many helpful videos posted centered around cooking with cannabis. she has done her research from the ground up, and has a good grasp on some of the cooking techniques that most of us brownie-bakers end up doing half-assed and calling good. the videos she puts out are at a good pace and put into simple terms.

here is her ice-cream walkthrough! it doesn't require an ice-cream machine, and is really as easy as it looks!

I recommend setting up an ice & saltwater bath to rest your mixing bowl into to keep everything cooooooold as can be! I used a hand mixer for my few batches thus far. I still need to add pictures of some scooped into a bowl to show the texture off a bit! ;)

here's a couple pictures of the most recent batch of banana bread I cooked up!
    (MJ) unfoiled bbs.jpg (MJ) foiled bbs.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Woohhooo thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Nice work, Dankmeister!
    Diamond Delight is a great canna cooker, but she is just so hilariously messy! Drives me crazy, but I do enjoy her videos and her spirit so much. Anyone can learn a lot by watching her videos.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. #38 The Dankmeister, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    as promised, here's a picture showcasing the finished ice cream after freezing up!

[​IMG]
    the consistency came out pretty good for a first batch! I will add my butter in earlier in the whipping process next time, in hopes to get the cold ingredients blended just a biiiiiiiiiit more evenly.

aaaaand here is some of today's work:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    double chocolate muffin-loaves (chocolate muffin batter with chocolate chunks throughout)
    these came out to a rough 265mg each... they are dense little f*ckers!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Looks so tasty. Yum yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. We haven't had a cook in the crowd since Kat left. God know my wife won't let me near "her" kitchen so I'll stay as the Master of the Caps and let you folks play with infusing foods.
    :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1