Putting music on ps3?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Diceman, Dec 21, 2008.

1. So I got one of these little gadgets recently...played the same game for a week before realizing it had a main menu thing.

Now I know it has those USB plugs so im guessing thats how I get music on there but with what exactly? Assuming im right that is

Could I plug an ipod touch in it? How about an "external hard drive"...things like a giant memory card lol

Im not gonna just plug anything just to make a $300+ mistake..:smoking:

2. Do you have a wireless router ?

My ps3 is hooked up to the net through a wireless router, which is also hooked up to my pc. There's an option in windows media player that let's me stream all of my music and videos from my pc to the ps3.

Right click on the library tab, go to media sharing. Make sure your ps3 is allowed access to the cpu in there. Mine was unlisted as unknown device for some reason. After that everything in your library is viewable on the ps3.

When your on the home of the ps3 under music, video, all of that there will be a little symbol that looks like the windows media player icon. Click on that and all of your music, or videos will be there.

I've never actually tried to store music on mine once I figured this out. My xbox 360 is also hooked up this way.

3. Naw I we dont have a router. Our internet is through verizon wireless at that lol its this little cartridge looking thing that plugs in a USB port that gives our computers internet.

Wonder if I could plug that in the ps3 for the internet? Dont have the instructions.

I know I can find it on google but im not even usin it till tomorrow and online guides usually over complicate the steps.

Maybe a really long double sided usb cord...