Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Putting Joints Out: The Right Way

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lokodis, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Flick the cherry out and rub it against concrete for a second

Exactly what i do.
    Also means you have all your nips in one ash tray.

Just don't use the same tray for tobacco.

3. I usually roll the tip where the burnt weed is between my thumb and finger and then pull out just the cherry/burnt bud. Easily the best way without snuffing out oxygen.

4. I usually grab the cherry and pull it off then lick my finger and gently press it against my finger till it is totally out, then blow through it to get excess smoke out. Luckily I have some extreme guitar/bass playing callouses so I rarely even feel the burning shit in my fingers.

You're not "soaking" it. Butane is a gas at atmosphere temperature/pressure, as @Weedculture mentioned, the butane is cold and makes the cherry go out without having to flick it out or crush it, both wasting weed, especially when the joint is large and the cherry gets really big.

Yeah, the main reason I posted it was because I couldn't find it anywhere else.

I just didn't thought people would be so afraid of trying it out. I mean, everytime you turn your lighter on basically what happens is you create a spark and then release butane over it, which goes on fire. What I don't get is basically why you guys think a cherry would pose more threat than the fire over your lighter.

However, I was just trying to spread the advice a friend gave me and I couldn't find anywhere on the internet, so, try the lighter if you want, flick it off if you don't, but the most important, keep toking  :smoke:

6. I used my thumb and index finger to pinch right behind the cherry and pop it off. Usually it'll fall right off and leave a green end instead of a burnt one.

7. Just pick the cherry off like a man...

Op's method will work, but only if you feel like wasting butane.

8. Better off wasting butane than weed, besides, it only takes a few seconds, you probably use more butane to light it up than to put it out.

Sorry, Holding fuel to come out of a lighter on a joint end is going to soak the tip of paper and weed in butane for the next time you start smoking.  shitty idea.

10. #30 hypercardriac, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
    Not to mention, if u got the shit to be rollin fattys like that who cares bout a big cherry?? Unless its all over yer parents car seats and the 'cherry donor' is a christian girl...

one bud at a time

11. I have a joint holder so I just put it in that and put the lid on.

12. I just set that fucker on the edge of the ashtray, counter, endtable, coffe table, what the fuck ever.. it just goes out.. weed is a dead burn, it wont sit and burn up on ya unless u set it cherry down.. then it still dont usually keep burning..

one bud at a time

13. Butane is extremely volatile, meaning it should evaporate 100% by the next time you want to smoke it, even if it's like 5 minutes later. 

14. Good point, didn't think about evaporation of gases over time.

15. I put it out on the calluses on my hand and look like a badass when i do :metal: