Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Putting iso in bong water

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cree8, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Er, well then...

First off, as previously mentioned in this thread, it is in NO WAY advisable for you to have any Iso-Alcohol in your bong water. Even in small amounts, this could be detrimental to your health. Secondly, Alcohol has a tendency to absorb THC and other cannabinoids, like it does when people make "Green Dragon." Depending on the amount of Alcohol in the water, you would actually be decreasing efficiency.

I won't speculate as to wether it would help keep your bong clean or not, because the first two reasons already show that is not a good idea in any case.

As to sub-discussion about using Iso-Alcohol to clean pieces, it is indeed a common, and safe practice. Some common sense and a good deal of rinsing will ensure that your piece is perfectly smokeable.

Edit;
    Yes, extremely.

2. False, everyone I know cleans their piece with ISO. Put it in a baggie with some salt and let it sit shaking it up every now and then. The rinse it out with hot water. Ta-da, a clean piece no alcohol residue. This is why people also use ISO to make hash, because it evaporates leaving only hash. Read up before you start posting nonsense. :smoke:

3. [quote name='"Psilocin420LSD"']
    Dude, you've been wrong throughout. lol I'm pretty sure the guy didn't agree with you.
    I don't think anyone's said this is a good idea either.[/quote]

Lol technically you all agree with me since we all said its a shitty idea. Sorry I was wrong about the fumes. And I didn't realize half you clean with alcohol cuz I buy pipe cleaner. But I was right about everything else I said so stop talking shit man. And I never said he was backing me up smarty. Next time I'll quote all of you and say thank you if you'd like that better?

4. Pipe cleaner contains alcohol, unless you mean a utensil to scrape out the resin.
    I don't mean to be so blunt, I just like people to know the facts.
    I guess you got me on the first line though.:smoke:

5. Bad idea man

6. If I were you, this would be WAY too big of a risk.

In HS, a friend put a small amount of vodka in the hookah, he thought he would get a buzz. He was wrong. VERY wrong. Do NOT attempt to smoke/inhale alcohol of any kind.. lol

Just clean your bong after it gets dirty. I take a small plastic storage bucket and fill it with iso and salt. I then soak my glass overnight, and by morning it's as clean as it was when I bought it. Just make sure you rinse it out good.

7. I don't get all these threads lately. What's wrong with good ol water and ice?

8. Don't think anyone here can guarantee your safety with smoking iso water. What ever floats your boat.

I wonder how weed would taste if u used blood to smoke out of it

9. [quote name='"Psilocin420LSD"']
    Pipe cleaner contains alcohol, unless you mean a utensil to scrape out the resin.
    I don't mean to be so blunt, I just like people to know the facts.
    I guess you got me on the first line though.:smoke:[/quote]

Haha alright fuck this fighting. Pointless shit bro. Lol. Imma go smoke a bowl

10. pleaze do not do that a friend of mines
    girl friend filled a bong with friction alcool to clean it and let it om the table and the guy came inside smoked a bong with the stuff in it... He had a big bad trip and paranoia for a while wich caused him to stop smoking for atleast 2 months.... i consider you not to do it

11. why you bump this

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Isn't ISO flammable?  This is an old thread.

13. For safety reasons.
    Inhaling ISO fumes can make you go blind.

14. NO NO NO!! That would be detremental to your health! You can use isoprophly for many many stoner things but you should not be inhailing iso fumes. iso strips the natural oils from your skin on contact, imagine if those fumes were inside your lungs? Your lungs would be FUCKED and you would probanly also develop a twitch and torrets and get aids. So yeah dont put iso in tha bongwater

15. Lol just checked the date this thread was created. I guess im one of those dead thread necrophelia people now :p