Putting Early Flowering Plant Back in Veg Room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by FireCoral, Mar 16, 2009.

1. #1 FireCoral, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    ...But it's a little more complicated than the title suggests:

We have a plant that's been flowering for about 1.5 weeks - no buds yet, just the little girl legs. It's a clone that's about 6.5" tall, growing nice and strong with about 5-6 branches so far. The only problem is that it was a gift. It came from the flowering stage under florescents on a 12/12 schedule and our plants are currently new grows about one week into the veg stage.

Here's where the question lies:
    Do you think it's safe to take this clone (which was given in an absurdly small amount of soil), transplant it into a new soil that's different from the soil it was in, under new light (we are using one 400w MH) under an 18/6 schedule? It was in a small jiffy pellet that we put directly into the new soil. I just want to make sure this isn't going to stress it out too much. It's a change in everything; light type, light schedule, soil, and water... possibly temperature. Our room is averaging 86f.

This is my first time growing. So I just want to make sure that it's not too much stress for the plant. We researched this for 3 months before starting and I never anticipated getting a clone as a gift that would need to go back into veg after flowering. We don't have our flowering room set up yet, we're working on that while our babies are growing. But we'd like to be able to clone from the clone if that's possible too. So we'd like to keep her in the veg room until she's big enough to clone from.

Any advice, input, suggestions are welcome. And we appreciate the time you all took to read this!

Thanks!

ETA: Sorry if I put this in the wrong category, it seemed more appropriate to me than any other even though I know it's not the perfect folder for it.

2. how did it go? the plant i mean,

I'm thinking of doing the same to one of my early flowering girls...

Does anyone know if this would hermie the plant?

3. yes you can put the female back into a veg. light cycle and trans plant it into what ever your going to use. it will stress out the plant for a couple of days but will be fine(i have done that many of times without any problems). it seems your room temp is a little high plants like a 70 - 75 degree room temp and about a 40 - 45% humidity is best. so you might what to try and work on that. To help with the Question on making it a hermie i have not had any change like that while switching the light schedule, however you can make a plant a hermie if you interup the dark time, you never want to open your room while the plants are sleeping cause you risk it stressing out and becoming a hermie it has to have the complete darkness. all this is from my personal experience and everything worked out just fine nice big buds nice yeild,and been growing for 7 yrs. hope this helps you out and GOOD LUCK with your out come ! :smoking: