putting battery acid in water for super plants

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Deathmachine, May 3, 2021.

1. #1 Deathmachine, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    how often do you have to check ph in a dwc
    i’ve been using advanced nutrients ph stable line.if i change to a different nute solute i don’t want to have to fuss all the time with ph levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. It depends on reservoir size.
    An actual 2-3 gallons of fluid in a reservoir can vary by 0.5 pH daily.
    10 actual fluid gallons probably only 0.1 daily.
    I'm experimenting with some reservoirs that hold 7 gallons of liquid, and they might vary 0.2 daily.

I check mine daily, but that might be overkill.
    Eventually a pattern can be found, and then a bit of needed pH Up/Dn can be added daily without checking for a few days.

I wouldn't bet too much on a fertilizer being able to maintain proper pH.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I checked daily until I spent the $87 on a ph monitor now I can tell at a glance. Huge time saver. "Milwaukee MC110 PRO pH Monitor Mid Range" Milwaukee MC110 PRO pH Monitor Mid Range

4. Now if we could just find a similarly priced dosing mechanism that attaches to it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have these pieces also, I've been too lazy to setup. Lol $160 together
    "Milwaukee MC122 PRO pH Controller" https://milwaukeeinstruments.com/ph-controller/

6. When you figure this stuff out, please let us know what you did.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Will do,, my canna grows are small and it will be difficult to use on a smaller reservoir. But my indoor vegetable garden is a good place. to try and I will eventually get to it. Lol 20210503_191154.jpg

8. With a pH probe I Iike to try an check every 4-6 weeks manually just to make sure the probe doesn't need to be recalibrated. I just use pH liquid to dbl check, it is unlikely with a probe that anything will go wrong unless it is older. When manually pHing I have found that the pH varies depending on what part of the grow I am at, flower seems to fluctuate at a 0.5 for me, and veg is real stable. The only way I found this out though was by checking every morning.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have 3 of these. The company is great. After 4 years started having problems with the pump holding prime during the periods it did not operate. I called to order the parts and the factory sent replacement pump for free!

Milwaukee MC122 pH Controller / MP810 Dosing Pump Kit

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Battery acid? Battery acid will KILL your plant and your nutes off you dumb son of a dumb.

11. Someone? I guess op changed the name of this thread, the original title was something like How often do you check ph

12. Battery acid is no better or worse than any other acid.
    It is mostly sulfuric acid H2SO4, which contains elements plants like.
    Certainly it should be used on plants at much lower concentrations than in your car battery.