Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Putting an Orange in your weed/spraying orange juice on your nugz

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 561imdone, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Okay, im sure that the title of this thread is throwing everyone off making everyone go WTF? ZOMG?

my friend told me that he knows a guy who puts "orange slices" in his bag of nugget to make it smell dank like oranges, he also told me that he sprays his weed with "orange juice" to give it more of a taste/smell. He said he sells it as if it were a 30/60 strain (#30 a half eighth $60 an eighth).

I personally thought of this story to be FALSE!!! But who knows, has anyone else tried this? does it make your weed taste like citrus? If it does then im going to try it out:smoking::smoking:

Please dont think im a d-bag for posting this. Like I said a "friend of mine" told me this story and i dont know if its true.

2. i just don't think putting oranges in your bag of bud will do any good, maybe if they don't touch then sure, but the idea of lightly spraying them with OJ (and letting them dry) sounds really....intriguing

3. I thought the same thing,then i thought to myself, hmmm maybe he sprays them with OJ when the buds are drying out or sumthin? idk thats the only thing i can think of

4. Used to throw orange peels in an airtight jar with nuggets that were dryer and it'd moisten them right up. Bunch of orange peels in the O should add a few g's in water weight if you're into that as well.

5. Putting an orange peel in a jar of bud can make dry bud moisten up a bit and smoke a lot better. All that orange juice shit is ridiculous

6. If youve got some really dry herbs, you can put a bit of orange peel in the bag to restore some of the moisture... Or so Ive heard.

7. Truth ^

8. ok yeah, I'm totally putting an orange peel or something into my bag o' bud......my stuff is pretty damn dry. Does anyone know if it makes the smoke taste any different?

9. a tiny bit sweeter, doubt you'll notice.

10. lolol. im sure it is. we use to put orange peals in shwag and sell it as 15 a g to dumb kids

11. Someone posted on here that grapefruit peels give the most taste to the buds.

12. if u spray bud wit orange juice then when u smoke it ull be smokin the sugar and other shitt thats in oj... i woulldnt do it but im not a basehead

13. Puttin the orange peel in a bag or jar with your trees moistens them up. I'm not sure about the OJ though.

14. I think we get it now

15. maybe one of the experienced guys can help me out buthow long do you put the orange peel in cause i have some dry ass herb and i;m gonna let it sit with a peel just don't know how long

16. Yes we do

17. or you can take a shower and leave weed bag open in the bathroom... the steam from the shower will re moisturize the weed...

18. I think what he means is he squeezes the orange peel and sprays it with orange oils? Just a guess.

19. Just like all of you guys said orange peels are the best way to remoisten weed.

HOWEVER! I have made successfully flavored weed with both orange and lemon juice. I have only done it a few times just for funsies and have proven to be very very flavored. The only qualm with the entire thing is that the flavor was a bit too intense and had to blended with non flavored weed.

Basically i just had a nuglet and added maybe a teaspoon or two of juice and let it sit untill it was allll soaked up. Next i just evaporated the juice in a little toaster oven till it was a bit dryer and let that sit out.

Now that I think of it sticking the weed in the toaster oven could have evaporated the thc. I didn't try smoking it sober so I don't know how the potency held up. Other than that it was like smokin lemons ahaha.. only as good as you can imagine.

It was a fun experiment.. not really a sucess but not a failure!

20. #20 DelcozeHighKing, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
    Putting anything with moisture contect into a container or [closed] bag with your buds will:

1- make them suck up the moisture and become moist

2- make them take on any odor of the foreign material

3- make them grow a mold (may resemble crystal formation or hairs on the exterior of the bud, can also have a smell associated with it) due to the moisture

4- not increase THC content or potency AT ALL.

I used to do this, and the ONLY time I would ever consider it again, is if the bud I had was too dry to smoke. And then I would only leave them long enough to get a little moist, not long enough to get moldy.

EDIT: Also, lemon and orange juice have CITRIC ACID, which may or may not breakdown the THC. I would NEVER put any liquid directly onto a bud.