Putting a seed upside down.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I was wondering what would happen if you accidentally put a seed in facing down instead of up.
    I also think how does the seed know to go up instead of down, if this is the case?
    Thanks guys for all the help you gave me.

2. Did that once and it sprouted the root.
    It killed the plant.

Not a good idea IMO.

Hope yours comes out better.

3. Thanks for the reply buddy. I don't know if I should leave the seed in my soil or take it out and put it back in water or wet paper towels. I put it in water for two days and it didn't sprout so I thought if I just put it in the soil it will sprout. I'm just a little worried that she won't sprout so what would you do buddy.

4. No matter how you put a seed in....the tap root uses gravity to know to grow down....I THINK.....something like that.....either way...it knows which way to grow.....doesn't mean that a seed planted "upside" will make it though....

• Like Like x 1
  5. I like how plants are smart and are actually like animals lol. I put my seed in the soil sideways and I keep the soil wet. I just want it to sprout nice so I don't waste a good seed you know.
    Thanks for the reply buddy.

6. I always plant them upside down

• Like Like x 5
  7. It would suck to have the plant growing down into the dirt and to have the roots growing upwards, though...

;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. The tap root will grow in the direction of the heat

9. Lmfao. This should be in the beginner section. Come on people. You think when a bird shits out a seed and it falls from the sky and lands in the dirt that only the trees that are alive fell correctly?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I didn't want to post on this post but I have too. I don't know where to begin so I will just end with your all good let it be.

Ohh and.... Johnny Apple seed would have been a nobody had this be true.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

11. 5 th grade science class. Doesn't matter how the seed is put in the hole. Tap root down sprout up. It would be a real bitch for farmers planting hundreds of acres to have to worry how the seed falls.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Hell I just read my last post I didn't mean to sound like such a jerk

• Like Like x 1
  13. LOL! I never knew they had a right side up. I had 12 of 16 seeds sprout and they were over 5 years old. I paid no attention to how they went in the hole.

14. They don't have a right side up. I doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Actually they do have a side that makes it easier for the soil to grow thru the soil ( the right side ) the fat side goes up
    but either way will work the seed knows which way
    to grow

16. I've germed seeds in a napkin and just tossed the sprout in a hole and it still found its way. I love plants

17. Where and when in nature have you ever seen a tree or a plant of any type, grow completely upside down into the ground.....?