Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Putting a Pipe in the Freezer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by pceboi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Hey Guys,
    I just bought a pipe so I was wondering about that thing about putting the pipe in the freezer to make the hits smoother. Doesn't that crack the glass? Also how long should I freeze it for?
    Thank you!

2. The temperature differences stress the glass over time, but it shouldn't hurt to do once or twice.

3. Youll be fine if u dint do it that often

4. hmm.. never thaught about freezing a pipe for smoother hits. I would think that the extreme temperature difference would be harmful to the glass. If I would do this I wouldn't put it in there too long.

5. I probably wouldn't if you really cared about the piece too much. It you got it cheap and didn't care if broke, then i would do it.

6. Get a bong u can though ice in. Smooth hits

7. Get a bong with and icecatcher. Damn thats smooth...

8. It might break the glass. Glass doesnt do well with changes in temp like that.

9. You'll be fine up until you try lighting the bud.
    Then you might have problems with the two big temperature changes.
    Aka
    Glass cracking