Put the new system in today

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeyMcDank, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Well I just put my 4 12"s in today. Some of yall might not care LOL But I compete and go through a bunch of setups. So far this is my favorite :D here some pics and a vid The feel of loud bass is soo cool especially when your high its real intense :cool::cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ame=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v387/AppleyardHKD/?action=view&current=100_4485.flv][​IMG][/ame]

2. your gunna fuck your car up with all that flex. dinomat the fuck outta that and seal it proper and it will be a lot more intense

3. LOL Its not gonna fuck up. I have had many similar setups and nothing has broke yet. Except for my dome light that wont stay on.

4. damn 2007 ford explorer? I dont like the design of the box, are you gonna wrap it? what deck you got up front?

5. Its an 04 and na the kid would have charge more to get it wrapped in carpet so I went with a bare box look. I have a crappy sony deck up front gonna get the indash double din soon

6. Indash is always nice, some dynomat soundproofing would really be intense, gotta be careful with that stuff ive heard that too much DBs get trapped by that stuff. im guessing you probably have maybe a 100 right now im not sure how much it takes to break glass ETC your windows but hey goodwork man, You can wrap it yourself man its kinda a pain but i think it would look a ton better then barewood.

7. #7 SmokeyMcDank, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    Ya I just dont like dynmat LOL. Plus I like watching the flex :D. Right now mines doing right around 150 db's it takes ALOT of pressure to break glass. I seen a guy break glass once and he was hitting around 170 db's the world record for any car was made by Pioneer and it does a 180db

8. Dude 150DBs thats so high it could physically damage your hearing, ha stun grenades hit 170-180. Id be careful about how loud you play those things. aint gonna do no good if ya deaf!

9. Whiteys got bass. ;)

10. Too much bass for my taste, but good work.

11. That's cool man.. I never really cared about having lots off bass, I just want the music to be loud as fuck :)

12. Its addictive lol. Once you start competing you just wanna get louder and louder. Its easy jumpin from 140db to 150db but from 150db and up its realllllllllllllly hard to even gain 1 more db. Its a fun hobby though :D

13. so where do you put your groceries haha?

14. Haha, I bet. What's that thing in the first pic?

15. Not bad, but arent your speakers supposed to be aligned to the middle of the car to lower distortion?

16. Pretty cool mayne, notthe prettiest set up, but seems pretty bad ass.

17. I got a whole row of back seats :p

Those are the fuse holders!

Not necessarily. Distortion comes from a not clean signal from the amp or Head unit.

18. So im thinking about throwing a system in but i want it to look real nice, i want bass but i want it to be a clean and clear sound, any suggestions on what speakers i should get and subs?

19. Don't ever underestimate the human capacity for self damaging behavior.

20. Ill send ya a PM