Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Put my debit card in the washing machine...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Mar 12, 2013.

1. I totally loafed and put my wallet w/ debit card inside the washing machine. Have any of you blades accidentally done this? Will it still work? There's a slight bend to it now

2. If it has that chip thing in it, then it's probably fine.
    You'll still be able to swipe it if there isn't, like, a white mark on the magnetic strip from the plastic bending too far.

I don't even know how I did it, but I sat funny once and bent my debit card. Just straightened it out best I could and it worked fine.

3. I've done it at least 3 times to the one I have now... lol it gets bent out of shape but it's still fine to use.

4. I've washed my current debit card many times and it works at the ATM when I need to withdraw money for weed lol.. I even washed and dried my unlaminated SSN card in my wallet and that was fine.

5. Should be good to go! I haven't done it, but my dad has, and his debit card is beat to shit.

It's not much hassle to replace one anyways.

6. yeah man it will work, my card had been through the wash, one time I dropped it on the street, didnt notice I lost it till the next morning, retrace my steps, found it in the street where I got into my car, it got ran over my card was cracked but the black strip wasn't damaged and it still worked!

7. Give it a shot at the ATM so if it is not working you don't have to put a lot of groceries back.

If the FBI knocks on your door today, it's about you laundering money...

8. [​IMG]

9. I'd definitely cancel my card if I were you.
    No doubt the washer has your number now.

10. It should work lol. What destroys cards ironically is other cards with different chips. If they are placed to close in your wallet the magnetic strip can be wiped.

11. It'll probably still work as long as the magnetic strip isn't warped badly. As a former cashier, you'd be surprised at the state of some of the cards I've seen work.

Fun fact, if you've got a card that won't read, try wrapping it in a plastic bag and sliding it through. The plastic will usually make it read (the reason for it is very technical and I'm not going to explain it. Has to do with the machine reading scratches as part of the code). I'd say it works about 90% of the time. I usually did this, as the only other option is entering it manually, which is a giant pain in the ass.