Push to flower???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Here's a question for some people who has done this before... specifically those who lst there plants... if I were to push these girls into flower now could I expect the lower branches to stretch out during flower? Should I leave them bent all the way to harvest? Would it even be worth it? I don't want to over do it this time.. What y'all think? Would it get tight nugs all the way up ? Or should in wait a few more nodes?? 1500923778731.jpg 1500923782802.jpg 1500923787359.jpg 1500923791772.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Why would you flower them now? At least give them a few weeks in veg.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dont even f***ing think to flower right now but plants will stretch usually doubles in height. Depending on the strain

• Like Like x 2
  4. Oh lower your temps by the way 93 high and 81 is not ideal. Also the 20 degree drop at night is no bueno.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Id veg for a while more

• Like Like x 1
  6. It would be madness to flower them now, let them grow a bit. Unless they're autos, I wouldnt start in such big pots. They are going to grow quite slow until the roots establish into that container. Once they have they will grow much quicker.

I'd say veg at least another 3/4 weeks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. They have been growing very slow. I had them in smaller pots before but they wasn't doing much so I transferred them..

8. I'm saying as far as keeping them bent over how long and should I keep them like this all through flower?

9. Have your temps always been that high??

10. So dropping the temps over 20 degrees is no good??? I've been told that lower temps at night helps push the purple into the plant?

11. They stretched crazy in the smaller pots I had them in before which is why I transplanted. I literally had to dig 3 inches away from the bottom of the pot to have them sturdy enough..

12. Well dropping that significant amount is a lot and stresses the plant. Your temps are only dropping to ideal temps which is where they should be at so I doubt any purpling would happen. It usually happens only in flower anyways

• Like Like x 1
  13. So what should the difference be in temp from night and day?

14. I usually dont like more than a 5 degree drop but I am just really picky. I believe its somewhere about 15 degrees before the stress really happens.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Flowering them now it like getting a 3 year old pregnant. It's too young

16. I aim for no more then a 10 degree C drop, and to never have my plants above 27 C,but 30C is prob the limit. Excessive heat will really slow your plants growth, and cause airy buds during flowering

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Keep them tied down at least until you're a few weeks into flowering (after the stretch). I use soft garden wire, won't cut into the plant and its very easy and fast to readjust.

• Like Like x 1
  18. You can leave the branches tied down into flower... after the stretch it won't really matter much anyhow as they will be focused on bud growth not veg growth. But definitely veg at least 3 more weeks if you want any type of worthwhile yield.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeah, you're correct. It really makes no difference, just personal preference.

• Like Like x 1