Push or pull?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LBH, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Wondering what order is more effective, I'm thinking the first of the 2 pics would be the best set up, opinions? Is it more efficient to pull the air or push it?

PULL

[​IMG]

PUSH

[​IMG]

2. I say the 2nd one. You will want all your CFM"s targeted at pushing air through that filter. Once its past the filter air pressure will take over.

In the first pic I think it would put a lot more load on the fan.

3. Push air through filters.

4. What scrubber has has two openings for ducting?

5. You gotta push air out and you pull it in.

6. #6 yesicancancan, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
    Is it a regular carbon filter? If so #2 will not work. The thing is in both of your pics you show ducting leading away from the filter in 2 direcctions, This is not like any of the filters I have bought or made. They all expose lots of carbon wrapped with regular filter to the air, with ducting mating on one side only. You hook a short piece of ducting to that side and then to the fan. Now in theory I guess you could mount the filter outside the growroom and push the air through it, but I'm not sure why you would want too.

This is what my setup looks like:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. #7 LBH, Aug 19, 2009
    Yesican, you cleared up my confusion and answered my question, thanks, you must be a mind reader, I didn't word it very well!! +rep coming Thanks to all who replied :)

For the record. Just got off the phone with Guillaume Desrosiers from Atmosphere Canada, makers of the inline Vortex fans. He said with an inline fan, whether you push or pull is irrelevant. The pressure built up on each side of the fan is equal.

8. #8 yesicancancan, Aug 19, 2009
    That second pic is of a Vortex fan, just be aware it is very loud. If I had it to do over again I would get a S&P 150 fan that is linked in my sig. The 6" vortex is very loud even when hooked to a speed controller dialed almost all the way down. The vortex is fine if you don't care about the sound of a lawnmower in your grow room....