Pursuit of the NYC Diesel

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PrescientVA, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Long time lurker here and thought it's about time I finally joined. Anyways to get to the point of this thread, I just moved to NYC (Manhatten area) for summer work. I'm a chronic aficionado, when I usually reside in VA I became quite accustomed to smoking white rhino, lemon haze, sour diesel, etc. One of the strains I've always wanted to try, but have been unable to find in VA, has been NYC diesel.

I've came to NYC with really one goal in mind, other than doing good at work, and that is to find this legendary bud. I'm not looking for hookups or anything, but will rather keep you informed of my efforts to track down this fabled strain.

I actually arrived on Sunday and encountered quite the bizarre situation. I saw a man sitting on a corner wearing a "hustle Tree's," cap and presumed he was dealing. I immediately inquired with the man asking what strains he had, to which he responded "What the fuck are you talking about." I proceeded to walk away quite quickly. Hopefully my attempts this weekend will be more succesful.

I'll keep you informed

2. Funny you mention NYC diesel, as a lot of people in my area have that kind right now. It's very nice kush.

3. Yea kkuussshh, probably the neighbors that you 'beat' up were smoking that NYC diesel huh? Lol

4. Good job walking up on a stranger and sketching them out. :laughing:

5. hahahahahahah good luck man. i almost bought that hat a couple weeks ago and i definitely don't sell weed. just meet friends and ask them... that is your safest route, after all.

6. A ripoff waiting to happen.

7. Don't go around asking for NYC Diesel, you'll never find it. Some asshole dealer is just going to tell you that it's the real deal, just so you buy it. He makes money, he's happy, he doesn't give a fuck if he has to lie to you to make the sale.

Chances are, unless you get it in a pill bottle like in the medicinal states, it's not NYC Diesel, people just slap that name on any type of good weed for one of two reasons; they want to sound cooler, or they're trying to sell you whatever weed they have on hand.

8. [quote name='"TheHumanTwig"']Don't go around asking for NYC Diesel, you'll never find it. Some asshole dealer is just going to tell you that it's the real deal, just so you buy it. He makes money, he's happy, he doesn't give a fuck if he has to lie to you to make the sale.

Chances are, unless you get it in a pill bottle like in the medicinal states, it's not NYC Diesel, people just slap that name on any type of good weed for one of two reasons; they want to sound cooler, or they're trying to sell you whatever weed they have on hand.[/quote]

Bingo ^^^

9. Unfortunately my pursuit has failed, unless I miraculously find some this weekend. The only connect I found was some guy I met doing laundry who sold mid grade, which was pretty disappointing.

Excluding bud, I really enjoyed my time here and the food was wonderful. I visited Central Park, the zoo, and other great places. Will go down to China town this weekend, and maybe a couple other places. Hopefully I'll be more successful next time I return to NYC.

Granted for anyone else wondering about the availability of bud in NYC, you should have better results than me. I was working at an investment firm, and none of my colleagues smoke. That coupled with my work schedule made it very difficult to find bud.

Taylored: Not looking to grow

TheHumanTwig: Yes I stopped asking for NYC Diesal, and instead inquired for Chronic hoping I could eventually find some premium strains, obviously this did not work for me either.

Fourtwozer: Didn't realize that was a legit brand, I thought it was just some custom ordered attire to discreetly advertise.